Notices

Failure :(

Old 01-27-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thumbs down Failure :(

Failure, drank my usual last night... and smoked a little like a few puffs, damn... :sigh:...
Old 01-27-2007, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Failure? Nah. If someone ever tells me that I'm getting older, I say, "Nope, I'm just getting more experienced."

Same goes for relapsing. A hard-learned lesson for me after dozens of relapses was to learn from them. "What can I do differently that I didn't do before?"
Old 01-27-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, but, we also cannot view relapse as a "part" of recovery,..because it really isnt. Its probable. Its disheartening when it happens,...but, it IS very preventable. Not finding recovery IS failure. We MUST be committed to success. Thats what gets us back on the horse after a failure. It's OK to call it a failure. Its NOT the end of the world. If you're determined,...you WILL get it!
Old 01-27-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When one has HEARD the Message from their addiction..then they can hear the message of recovery. According to relapse dynamics early-stage towards recovery is relapse prone..Remember the "only requirement is a desire".
Keep coming back...as we say!
Old 01-27-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thanks, hum, taking some supplements for my body now as well that alcohol is said to drain out of you, so maybe taht'll help.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Just keep trying...many of us had false starts.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey whats important now is that you don't get discouraged. Get up and try again. Dont let todays problems spoil tomorrow. Just have a plan for next time the teptation comes up.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Believer

Call a mulligan on last night...Tee it up and start over Tomorrow is a graet day to start
Old 01-27-2007, 08:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

sigh for me, too. But, hang on and today is the distant past. Start fresh tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today was day 1 for me AGAIN. I have a different attitude and approach this time...and I will use the prescription medication my Dr. gave me instead of thinking I can do it all alone
Old 01-29-2007, 03:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Don't give up! Try try try again until you stya completely sober. You want to quit that2s why you hang around here.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Paulos I tried what you are trying right now if you are trying to wean your self off the booze, I tried for 10 years and it did not work. I tried it all and the only thing that worked for me was to stop and stay stopped, I could not do that alone!

I put myself into detox to stop and into AA to stay stopped! AA has saved my life.

Stopping is easy! Staying stopped is hard. It was in my case impossible to stay stopped without AA. The last thing I wanted to do when I was trying to stop drinking was to seek help! Real men do not need help! Well guess what, I could not stop until I learned that sometimes a real man has to ask for help!

The last thing I wanted to do was go to AA, no way am I going to sit around with a bunch of miserable sober drunks! Well guess what? This miserable drunk drunk found out that these people in AA not only knew how to stay sober, they were also happy, joyous and free!!!

I swallowed my pride and went to AA, I followed directions, I have been sober without a single relapse for 133 days, I am happier then I have been in 30+ years. Why? I swallowed my pride, I wanted to stay sober so I went to AA and admitted I was an alcoholic and I needed help.

They gave their hope, strength, and expereince to me freely, I listened, I followed directions, and for me the miracle happened..... I no longer have the urge/need to drink! I am happy!

Last edited by Tazman53; 01-29-2007 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Spelling.