Notices

The &^&U#^& COMITEE in my head

Old 01-20-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The &^&U#^& COMITEE in my head

Almost 90 days, and those "voices" won't let up today. They keep telling me nothing is going to work out, I'll lose my apartment & my daughters will be forced to live with someone. They're saying I won't find work, and my umeployment is going to run out and leave me broke.

I cleaned my house, and that's about all I can do. I can't make any decisions, I'm shaking from anxiety.

I know this will pass, but I'm really uncomfortable at this moment.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((GlassPrisoner)))))
I offer you my thoughts and support. I know of what you speak and they can indeed be noisy, imploring buggers. I am actually more familiar with those voices when I quit smoking..as they haven't yet been too awful since quitting drinking.
Are you alone? Best way to get out of your head is gettin into someone else's. Do you go to AA (I can't remember)...is there a meeting or AA pal you could call?
I am a firm believer that there is something valuable to be learned from our dark days....and at the very least, just getting thru is building emotional and sobriety muscle. I've heard that around 90 days is tough...I actually heard there is something physical to it in nature...but sorry, I can't recall...it has something to do with the last vestige of alcohol in your liver or kidneys or something. Sorry..not much help huh?

Know I'm right here with you Glass...
Old 01-20-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New things have come to light

Ask the God of your understanding to help you out, has always worked for me.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Glass Prisoner, sorry to hear you're having a hard day. I think nuudawn might be referring to PAWS, I'm sure you can find some links on the forum to it.

What can I usefully say? Phone a friend in the fellowship, get to a meeting, keep doing the next right thing. Cliches I know. The last time I had a really bad funk, working away from home, feeling a bit trapped, it was nasty. I shared it with my group when I came back. Someone told me it might be a step ten issue, told me to try and practise that a bit more meticulously. Since then I feel more at ease. I try and nip the bad thoughts in the bud, the one's that find me judging others or projecting.

Thinking of you.

Paul
Old 01-20-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know how brutal and relentless those voices can be Glass Prisoner. Try to take a moment and breathe and relax. Listen to some music or take a walk. Do what you can do each day and let the rest go. Having faith is really hard when you're feeling so much anxiety, but it's the best thing for you to do.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just got off the phone with my sponsor. That and some food helped, alot. And to think, I used to feel like that 24X7, whew !

I've heard the 30-60-90 day theories too about residual alcohol.

Thanks everyone for letting me share my panic
Old 01-20-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Maybe those voices can be useful. Maybe it's a step work alarm, "time to work on the step I'm on". That's how I try to treat them anyway. Carol's got a good post on this on the other page, part of step 11 too.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mega Hugs GP...

To refresh your memory ... from my files on PAWS...

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

Glad to see you are paying attention to HALT

Prayers for your peace zinging out
Old 01-20-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

In the beginning I always suggest that you go to many many many many many many many many many meetings, and don't drink..........You're (we're) alcholic, and you've lost your best friend (drink), so you grieve (crave, whatever!) This is a simple program "If I don't pick up a drink today I can't get drunk". Get to a meeting, then another, then.................
Old 01-20-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Getoverit Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

One of the tools in my early sobriety when the sound in my head sounded like 10 radios all on different stations, was to simply say "stop" and keep saying it until they quit. It worked for me. Every single time I heard myself think a negative thought, I had to come up with two positives to x it out. It became a contest that gave my mind something else to do but put myself down and out, or think it was ok to drink. Sometimes though, it was all I could do to just keep repeating 'stop', and that was ok too.
The stop tool is still on the top shelf of my tool kit, it works wonders on many thoughts that don't belong. I am confident, I am sober, I am happy to be alive and living every single day with gratitude.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello Aciana...Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

How are you today Glass, better I hope?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yup, it passed after about 45 minutes yesterday. It's funny how I can go from zero to homeless and unemployable in 30 seconds flat (in my head)

Meetings, a call to my sponor, prayer, etc. That all helped.

Thanks for checking in.