Notices

The best laid plans...

Old 02-17-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Evng Stone, I see you've dropped the rat is it that you've decided to leave the old you behind and start from now with a new you.Either way I hope it's a change for the better.Hey stone you sounded realy pos earlier are you still doing ok! Took the misses to the athletics today,she'd always wanted to go,but I could never be arsed,would have took up to much drinking time.But today I went for her and not out of any guilt,but just because I could.I like this sobriety I can do things now that I thought only normal people did.
Did have a hairy moment though, went outside for a fag and suddenly found myself thinking " if i'm quick I could grab a beer on the way back in and no one would know ". then thankfuly my sober head took over and I just went back to my seat. For years I lied to my wife and anybody else i'd had to about my drinking,but today I know I cant lie to myself.

inabit chris
Old 02-17-2007, 03:07 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi Chris, yes I suppose that is why, and everyone shortens it to stone anyway so...
Good on you for beating the craving, they can hit pretty hard, and going and for doing something like 'the normals' do. I think they call it 'living' lol.
I am still feeling very positive thanks mate. I am finally over the withdrawals and have 4 days sober including today. I haven't been sleeping but I got some sleep from about mid-day to day till 6ish and I can feel my mind coming back together a bit. Lack of sleep sends me a bit loopy although I was still feeling positive.
I am hoping for a sweat-free sleep tonight, if I have to wash all my sheets again I wont be happy lol.

Last edited by stone; 02-17-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Get In Stone for 4 days that is bang on mate you should be real proud!.
I guess I am living now mate instead of just existing,just going from one drunk to the next.being ruled by king alcohol being told when to drink when to sleep,believing it when it told me that because I worked long hours I deserved it.
Cunning to the end!
Stone i'm sure your sleep patterns will get back to normal soon and the sweats dont last forever either,stay with it mate its worth it. Oh stone I got under the influence through today,have read the forward but the print is so small,could be a case of gettin some non prescript glasses tomoz.

chris
Old 02-17-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi stone... nice to meet the new you! Good for 4 days !!!
Old 02-17-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Thanks gypsy
Old 02-17-2007, 10:20 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1214794
Old 02-17-2007, 10:51 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I will close this thread now.

Please continue to share on the new link above.