Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Anyone get a new job and risk losing it before they even start ?

Notices

Anyone get a new job and risk losing it before they even start ?

Old 01-13-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Thumbs down Anyone get a new job and risk losing it before they even start ?

I just got a new job after losing so many and so much and I am so close to going out and losing it before I even go in for m first day. I have been sober for nearly a month and clean for a little less than that. The last couple days I have been so close to picking up and not really giving a S*IT !
I need help. more to follow - time for a meeting......
Old 01-13-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hang out in meetings this weekend
Talk to your sponsor and other in recovery
Eat Take a walk
and Pray a lot.

You need this job and your need sobriety.
You CAN have both.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

frstnm

Congrats on getting a new job! This is your opportunity to change your life around. You've been doing well staying clean and sober. Keep focused on recovery, and all the other pieces will fall into place in time... Remember that staying sober is the crucial element to things working out.

It would be a shame to lose this new job. Going to a meeting is a good idea. It sounds like you are on the edge... You've started making some postive changes in your life. You don't really want to throw it away. You've come too far to turn back.

You can do this. Meetings can help you.
chip
Old 01-14-2007, 12:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hi frstnm

New job eh.? Well done, but can be scarey too. I know a lot of 'unknowns' run through my mind when I get a new job.

Everyone can feel fear at this time, I know I do. But what I was told to do when I felt like this was to take one day at a time and stay in the day. I work on just getting today right and not to let my mind run off into the future and run every possible senario through my mind. I put all my energy in today and deal with tomorrow when it gets here.

You mention meetings, I presume these are AA meetings. The first paragraph of page 63 in the big book always helps me in times like this.

much love
JC
Old 01-14-2007, 03:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi all-finally realizing I cannot work around around booze and that being all I ever did for employment-my first attempt at a job being sober has been a teeny bit fulfulling and mostly a scary ,jumbled up mess which is mostly just my own fear and noise in my own head.But as usual my other alkie support system brings me to reality and helps me see the positive in all of my attemps at a sober life.