Notices

Can this method be possible?

Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I am doing this to make sure whether I am an "alcoholic" or not. According to the professionals I had seen over the years here in Turkey and Europe. I was always told that I am a binge drinker and problem drinker. If I am not supposed to drink fro a period of time I won't. 2 years ago I was bitten by a stray cat and had to be vaccinated against rabies. I wasn't allowed to drink for over a month. In that period I never wanted to drink.

This trial I am going through will eventually have a net result for me. If I slip and increase my intake I will call myself a bona fide alcoholic then as most of you advise will opt for total abstinance.

Thansk for your well wishes and worthy advise. Al are taken into consideration and much appreciated.

This is a great support forum. The best in the net.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ay100 View Post
I am doing this to make sure whether I am an "alcoholic" or not. According to the professionals I had seen over the years here in Turkey and Europe. I was always told that I am a binge drinker and problem drinker. If I am not supposed to drink fro a period of time I won't. 2 years ago I was bitten by a stray cat and had to be vaccinated against rabies. I wasn't allowed to drink for over a month. In that period I never wanted to drink.

This trial I am going through will eventually have a net result for me. If I slip and increase my intake I will call myself a bona fide alcoholic then as most of you advise will opt for total abstinance.

Thansk for your well wishes and worthy advise. Al are taken into consideration and much appreciated.

This is a great support forum. The best in the net.

You will be sorry. Why do that to yourself? Drinking has caused you bigtime trouble. What does that tell you? Even if these "Dr.s" are right,.....their dianosis was years ago. Progression gains alot of ground in years time. Even if they are right, you dont see being a "Binge" and "Problem Drinker" as a good reason you shouldnt drink? I think that it should be obvious to you since being able to drink is still so important to you. We call that a Red Flag.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
You will be sorry. Why do that to yourself? Drinking has caused you bigtime trouble. What does that tell you? Even if these "Dr.s" are right,.....their dianosis was years ago. Progression gains alot of ground in years time. Even if they are right, you dont see being a "Binge" and "Problem Drinker" as a good reason you shouldnt drink? I think that it should be obvious to you since being able to drink is still so important to you. We call that a Red Flag.
I know you mean well earlybird and I am glad for the insight you provide. But every individual is different. Believe me I have seen alcoholics, binge drinkers or whatever you want to call it moderated their intake and remained within moderation.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

But for how long? How long have you seen these people "get away" with moderating? Moderation for alcoholics can last a while. Long enough to create the illusion of success. Then it hits.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:54 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
But for how long? How long have you seen these people "get away" with moderating? Moderation for alcoholics can last a while. Long enough to create the illusion of success. Then it hits.
One individual is my neighbour who moderated successfully. I see him almost everyday. He used to drink 24/7, never seemed drunk but he was an alcoholic. One day he decided it was enough and cut it down to 2 units. He gave up 24/7 drinking about 16 years ago and today he's 65 years old and he looks fine. So that's an exception to the rule. That's a role model for me. That2s what I am aiming at the moment. We'll see.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:14 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

ay100 keep in mind my friend the most important person you need to be honest with is yourself. Try this.... get a sheet of paper and write down every good thing that has happened to you as a result of drinking.

Now get a note book and start writing every thing bad that has happened to you as a result of drinking.

When you get tired of writing in the note book pick up the single sheet of paper with the good stuff written on it and compare it to the notebook.

Be honest with your self at that point and decide whether or not you should stop drinking.

Ask your self "Why is it so important I keep drinking?"

Good luck my friend, remember "To thine own self be true."
Old 01-22-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I will actually do that Tazman. That^'s a good method to anaylze my thinking on the issue:9

thanks
Old 01-22-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

ay100 if you are like me the benefits will be very short. In looking at mine I can say all the "good" stuff revolved around me getting a lady liquored up. I am far from being proud of that now, but at the time I felt good about it.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ay100 View Post
One individual is my neighbour who moderated successfully. I see him almost everyday. He used to drink 24/7, never seemed drunk but he was an alcoholic. One day he decided it was enough and cut it down to 2 units. He gave up 24/7 drinking about 16 years ago and today he's 65 years old and he looks fine. So that's an exception to the rule. That's a role model for me. That2s what I am aiming at the moment. We'll see.
Ive heard of people falling 10 stories,...bouncing off the ground,..and living to tell about it. This would be the exception to the "going splat" rule. Does that mean you would give jumping a try? If this guy is the success you say he is,...he ISNT an alcoholic. Plain and simple. THERE IS NO CURE FOR ALCOHOLISM.