Notices

unsure

Old 01-09-2007, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Green eyed maiden

unsure

I had half a bottle of wine today and it made me feel so ill and dizzy only after a short time that I was sick, which is so strange because it was only 3months ago that I stopped binge drinking so much and often.

I use to drink 3 bottles or 18 units in one night.

I not saying im bothered by it but over the passed month I just don't seem to be able to cope with it any more, very small amounts make me feel very ill or I just really don't enjoy the taste any more.

Is this normal, is this my body's way of saying don't even bother which I find hard to be leave as it wasn't long ago that my body was craving it so much.

Angel xXx
Old 01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hi Angel,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I'm assuming you're posting here because you think you might have a problem with alcohol (?) All I can share is this: Normal drinkers don't even question whether they have a problem. If you think you might have a problem with drinking you probably do.

Yes, it sounds like your body is trying to tell you not to drink. The cravings are brought on by the mental obsession that is the core of alcoholism.

Scott
Old 01-09-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sounds like its your disease's way of progressing, IF you are alcoholic, it only gets worse, never better. Ever.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Angel,

A quick question or two? Have you been tapering or just come off one, or a few periods of total abstinence? Or have you continued drinking all the way through but just found your body can't take as much 'naturally'? From what I know the answers to these questions will be crucial in determining the information you seek.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Funny you should pose this question. I'm only a month sober... and red wine was my poison. I was thinking, just this morning, that if I were to have probably just one glass it would zoom right to my head cuz my tolerance I suspect would now be lowered. Truth be told..two glasses I was WELL on my way as I think I've always gotten drunk very fast..yet I continued to consume a trough until I was babbling or blacked out idiot.

This morning's thought freaked me right out..in the sense that I had "calloused" my poor desperate liver previously..and just the thought of re-poisoning? Uh Uh ..no way.

3 bottles of wine nightly..I don't think alcoholism is in question. Or is it Angel?
Old 01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Green eyed maiden

I know I've got a drink problem and it started out with me drinking nearly every day then changed to binge drinking every 2nd or 3rd day.
I'd wake up just wanting to get drunk and I'd do anything to get there.

I just can't understand how so suddenly my body is rejecting it when I know I still want it.

Is this normal ?
Old 01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AngelMagic7 View Post
I know I've got a drink problem and it started out with me drinking nearly every day then changed to binge drinking every 2nd or 3rd day.
I'd wake up just wanting to get drunk and I'd do anything to get there.

I just can't understand how so suddenly my body is rejecting it when I know I still want it.

Is this normal ?
I think you should see a Doctor and pretty fast. I'm sorry if that sounds alarmist but your body is rejecting vastly less alcohol now than before and this could be for many serious physical reasons.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Toward the end, my first drink would usually come back up on me. Once I got that over with, I was relieved because I could then drink.

You could be experiencing withdraw symptoms due to taking in less alcohol.

But yeah, see a doctor. If you have full on withdraw it's life threatening.

Hang in there, it gets better. You may be in for a rough ride though.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know before I had to go fight in Iraq I was binge drinking whiskey 2 or 3 times a week. After I spent a few months sober in the desert my body could never handle alcohol the same again. I went from being able to drink a fifth and have a great time acting stupid to drinking half a fifth and blacking out long periods of time and getting sick.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

AngelMagic...

At seventeen, you have many things in your favor and many things you'll have to overcome. On the one hand, getting and staying sober now means you have a whole lot of rough stuff ahead of you that you won't have to go through. You can get an education, find a career that you like, and someday, if you wish, have a family. On the other hand, you probably have a lot of peer pressure (I don't know a teenager who doesn't), fear of the future, maybe? still feeling bruised from things you've shared of your childhood....and the idea that nothing really bad will ever happen to you (we call it "10 foot tall & bulletproof").

I was an alcoholic at seventeen. I was in treatment the first time at nineteen -- against my will, after a three-month-solid binge and then a suicide attempt. I was eligible for treatment a long, long time before then.

I read on another thread that you're waiting for treatment. In the meantime, and this might not be so easy, you can start making yourself better by not picking up -- one drink, one drug at a time, saying "No, that's not how I want to live." You may find it hard, and you may find it near impossible, if you're anything like me.

Good news is that there are plenty of meetings, even in the UK. Have you tried AA?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 01-09-2007, 06:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well...since drinking is making you ill
quit drinking.

A physical check up is wise...be honest
with your doctor.

I suggest you read your signature line.

Hugs
Old 01-09-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR. I am a community greeter at SR. Just dropping you a note to say welcome and hope you find the experience strength and hope here that you are looking for.

If at any time you have questions and are unsure of who to ask, the greeters are identified by their names being in bold green and the moderators are in bold blue. We are all very open to questions or concerns.

I got to the point that you are at. My body and brain just had had enough. When my will wanted more, the rest of me said no.

Peace, Levi
Old 01-09-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I got to the point that you are at. My body and brain just had had enough. When my will wanted more, the rest of me said no.
And I still drank.......
Old 01-10-2007, 12:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Green eyed maiden

Unhappy pain and fear.

Hello and thank you. You're all very nice and helpful.
I know im not always right as everyday I learn something new.

I spent most of last night awake with the most painful seizures I've ever appearanced in my whole life and I still want to drink ahh.

Under my rib cage, up through my chest and in my lower back.
I cried it was so bad, couldn't find a less painful position to put myself for 30mins and even then it kept coming back to slap me around some more.Hurt to breath too.
I must have been like that for about 1hour 30mins till the really strong pain killers I toke started to take effect.

Is this is what's going to happen to me from now on ?
Old 01-10-2007, 02:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AngelMagic7 View Post
Hello and thank you. You're all very nice and helpful.
I know im not always right as everyday I learn something new.

I spent most of last night awake with the most painful seizures I've ever appearanced in my whole life and I still want to drink ahh.

Under my rib cage, up through my chest and in my lower back.
I cried it was so bad, couldn't find a less painful position to put myself for 30mins and even then it kept coming back to slap me around some more.Hurt to breath too.
I must have been like that for about 1hour 30mins till the really strong pain killers I toke started to take effect.

Is this is what's going to happen to me from now on ?
Angel - your withdrawal symptoms are very bad. Going 'cold turkey' can kill you. It's as simple as that.

I live int he UK too. Demand to see a doctor TODAY and don't take any 'waiting list' nonsense either. Go to A&E if necessary but get medical help.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Angel everyone is different, towards the end of my 40 years of drinking one day I could drink over a 12 pack and still not get a buzz, the next day 4 or 5 beers would give me a buzz, my bodies ability to deal with alcohol was going haywire, one day my tolerance was real high and the next (for me) it was real low. According to medical literature I was in the beginning of the final stage of alcoholism.

As others have said if your withdrawals are that bad you need to see a doctor ASAP! It can kill you without medical help. When I went into de-tox there was a lady that her doctor told her to keep drinking until she was under a doctors care. The meds they give you in de-tox make it a lot easier.

Just to let you know, there is no cure for alcoholism if you are one, you should think about getting into some long term recovery program, AA was the answer for me, but if you do not like AA try others, for most alcoholics in order to stay sober we need long term recovery programs.

Hang in there hon, you are not alone, there are an awful lot of folks that were in the same boat you are in now that are more then happy to help you through this.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Green eyed maiden

Thanks for the advice
It was my therapist who said I had to stop drinking and self-harming. She said I should go to 3months worth of AA meetings and after that if I wasn't drinking or S/H anymore she'd then help me.

That's why I tried to stop completely for a while but then realised it wasn't right.
I went to 1 AA meeting and because of the way she was talking down to all the people there, I knew I wouldn't get on with her and that she couldn't help me.
I don't like people that think there job makes them better then everybody else.

Plus she's one of those who's learnt from a book hence the way she is.
I want someone who's been there to help me as then we'll both have a better understanding of each other.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I want someone who's been there to help me as then we'll both have a better understanding of each other.
Angel I think you would be truly shocked at how many re-hab therapist and couselors are recovered alcoholics and drug addicts.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Green eyed maiden

Angry

I know she hasn't because I've been told, Also who are you to judge TazMan were you there ? .............

:AR15firin
Old 01-14-2007, 02:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Why blast Tazman?

He is trying to help you. Maybe your not ready to quit.

Maybe you need to hurt yourself just a bit more?