Notices

severe bellyache?

Old 01-05-2007, 11:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date-04/01/2007

severe bellyache?

hi i'm in the process of cutting down on my intake, i've already got the shakes but i also have severe bellyache too which i've never experienced before, has anyone else suffered with this?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's always best to see a doctor
or go to a ER

Who knows what it could be?

Hugs
Old 01-05-2007, 11:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome ne con-

I'm glad you found us.

I am not a doctor. I suggest you see a doctor about any physical symptoms you have. I suggest you speak with a doctor about your drinking and plans to cut back. Detox can be very dangerous.

When I quit drinking, I had some terrible symptoms. I had shakes, belly ache, and severe chest pains.

Please see a doctor, k?

Please keep posting on SR... you are not alone There are many of us who suffer from this disease. We can help eachother.
take care,
chip
Old 01-05-2007, 11:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sobriety date-04/01/2007

thx guys but its sat morn here and the quacks are closed til' monday........i really do feel like starting now tho'
Old 01-05-2007, 11:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Are you still drinking? How much do you drink? Do you want to stop drinking? Are you an alcoholic?

Please tell us more about yourself....
chip
Old 01-06-2007, 02:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ne_con View Post
hi i'm in the process of cutting down on my intake, i've already got the shakes but i also have severe bellyache too which i've never experienced before, has anyone else suffered with this?
Going to a doctor and being honest about your situation is obviously the best idea.

Hopefully it will be something relatively normal though. For example most alcoholics tend to suffer from diarrhoea. If you haven't been going to the toilet regularly since packing up the booze (this has happened to me in the past) then you maight have those horrible constipation pains?

However - I'm no doctor so like I said it is best to see a Doctor if the pain continues.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hello mate

hello mate how u doin???? im not 2 far frm u in gd ole blighty lol u live inthe best city in the ukand home 2 my beloved utd lol ( be a live long supported and season ticket holder) so if ur a city fan i hope the belly achce gets worse lol(jokein mate ) im on 34 days now just short of 5 weeks. i had every sympton u can imagine bro lol. shakes the worse. i also had sweats,belly ache, nitemares,the runs,headaches,insomnia real bad,and just a real bad time of it really lol.but they all passed after a couple of weeks i still get the odd wierd dream and a nite of broken sleep now and again but nothing as bad as the way i felt why i was drinking. i drank as much fluid: oj,water,coffee as i cud get down me and i ate well after the first few days. id defo go ur docs and see what he says mate. mine bollocked me 4 detoxing myself lol but urs mite be diff. how much was u drinking a day/week????.im on tramodone amd that seems 2 work 4 me but thats just coz im highly strung and needed 2 chill out but there is loads of stuff they can give 2 get u over the worse

take care mate and hangin in there

mick
Old 01-06-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sobriety date-04/01/2007

hey mthhilly nice work, well done........i'm an alcoholic yes and normally get thru 18 to a full case of lager per day, i've posted before about having home detox treatment a couple of years back but forgot to mention it was thru my quack,i did alright for about 4 months then started drinkin more than ever, thne last new year i detoxed myself and lasted about the same length of time, ive just bought a shed load of vitamin b and some tescos sleepers. {im using them as calmers but they are surprisingly strong which im happy about} ive not touched a drop since six last night wahoo but this belly is givin me jip
Old 01-06-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree, you should see a doctor. Your BP can go nuts on you and cause heart failure/stroke.

That said, if all you get is a bad belly ache, consider yourself lucky
Old 01-06-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ne con-
You are making a good decision to do something about your drinking. It sounds like this time, you might want to stay sober. You should see a doctor as soon as possible. In the mean time, I'd keep drinking plenty of water. Keep posting, and stay strong.
chip
Old 01-06-2007, 09:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stomach ache... oh ya... the alcohol eating through the sides of your stomach... throwing the chemical balance of your stomach out such that the mucus lining b/c weak and inadequate and your stomach wall is left open to the actual acid in your gut... the acid can then eat through the wall... YUP, I can remember it well.

It is terrible.

Peace, Levi
Old 01-06-2007, 09:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sobriety date-04/01/2007

wow i managed to eat some mash n peas last night.....then i remembered the last i eat was a prawn salad on new years day no wonder my bellys nacked, here comes a day and half of soberness. thx guys youve been great
Old 01-06-2007, 10:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ne con-
Congrats on a day and a half!!!

You're sounding better, and I'm glad you're eating. Keep up the good work. If you ever have a craving for a drink, log on to SR and write something... Many of us would like to hear from you. Help is only a couple keystrokes away. Have you considered going to AA? You will find loving, caring people who would like to help you stay sober. I'm sure there are meetings in your area...

I found that once I quit drinking, I needed something to stay sober. The AA program has kept me sober.
chip