SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   "Buzzing" feet (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/112177-buzzing-feet.html)

GlassPrisoner 01-04-2007 03:51 PM

"Buzzing" feet

I've been experiencing this for a while now. I noticed it first during de-tox.

The best way I can describe it is it's a feeling similair to standing barefoot on a wood floor, next to a floor fan. Kind of a vibration in the bottom of my feet. It's not a tremor, or tick. Nor tingling or "pins and needles".

Anyone else ever experience this ?

CarolD 01-04-2007 03:55 PM

No....not me

Dang! that sounds uncomfortable
Sorry and
Super Hugs

laurie6781 01-04-2007 04:17 PM

Yep, have not only heard of it, had it, lol. It should disappear after a while as your "nerve endings" recovery from the damage done by drinking. It is the first stages of "Alcoholic Neuropathy".

About the time you start getting used to it, it will disappear, lol.

J M H O

Loves and hugs,

GlassPrisoner 01-04-2007 04:19 PM

Thanks Laurie, I was afraid it might be diabetes.

CarolD 01-04-2007 04:27 PM

Well...it could be
Neuropathy is a side effect of diabetes.

As a diabetic..
I see a foot doctor..can't spell pod???
every 3 months to check for Neuropathy

Been doing this for 3 years
and so far... so good.

A blood test will tell you for sure.

GlassPrisoner 01-04-2007 04:33 PM

Thanks Carol

Yeah, after a quick google, I found diabetic nueropathy and alcoholic nueropathy are pretty similar.

Also, alcoholic nueropathy is believed to be caused in part by vitamin B deficiencies, which us alkies know all about.

Lastly, Type II diabetes is common among alcoholics.

We really bugger out bodies up, don't we ?

hopeangel 01-05-2007 06:33 AM

hi glassprisoner

your not along. my ah is/has experienced the same thing. i am so glad you posted this because we had no idea what it was. i think his is gradually getting better though. he hasn't mentioned it in a couple of days.

hang in there!!! it will get better :)

Tazman53 01-05-2007 07:21 AM

Well here is another one that my sponsor and I share, my teeth were sensitive before I quit drinking to cold stuff, know they are super sensative to cold and also sensative to hot food! He sadi his sensativity returned to normal but he doesn't remember how long it took, he has been sober for 18 years.

The tingling feet thing I didn't have. Is it real annoying or just an odd sensation?

CarolD 01-05-2007 08:42 AM

Taz...I use Sensodyne toothpaste...
within a week I had no more sensitivity.

Tazman53 01-05-2007 08:47 AM

Carol I was using (Sensodyne) it before I quit and continue to do so, I am going on 4 months now and I think it may be improving somewhat, it is the only negative thing I can think of due to not drinking anymore. Trust me if this is the worst thing that comes of it all of the positives far out weigh it!

embraced2000 01-05-2007 09:51 AM

glass...i'm not an alcoholic, but the soles of my feet feel just like that when.......awwww, never mind.....can't go there.

seriously.......i am type 2 diabetic, diet controlled....off all meds now, thank goodness....but my feet can feel just like you described. just a slight vibration, tingly...but ever so slight....not painful...not numb....just kinda soft buzzy feeling.

leviathon 01-06-2007 09:17 PM

I don't get the vibrating, my feet get/got really hot and I would fidgit non stop ... especially at night... try sleeping with that... upper body cold, mid body ok, lower body burning hot and feet the worst with constant achiness.

Peace, Levi

chip 01-06-2007 10:26 PM

GP-
I'm sorry you are feeling these unpleasant sensations. I had many aches and pains in my body when I detoxed. Most were general in nature.

I hope you'll stick with the program you're working. You are doing very well with your recovery. I'm sure it'll get better soon. We need to give our bodies, and our souls time to heal.
chip