Notices

Thiamin Deficiency

Old 04-04-2003, 11:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Thiamin Deficiency

After doing a lot of research on my alcoholic condition, I discovered the numbness in my feet and tingling in my toes is due to thiamin deficiency. For the past ten days, I've been taking a multi-vitamin, plus an extra 100mg of vitamin B-1 (until now, I'd never bothered with vitamins). So far, I've noticed no change; the sharp tingling is still driving me crazy when I try to sleep.

So my question is, for anyone that has gone through this: as I continue to take vitamins, how long is it going to take for my nervous system to return to normal?
Old 04-05-2003, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Iolo.It's nice to hear from you again and that you are still working on your sobriety.

I do not have any personal experience with what you have described but I do know that taking vitamin suppliments can be beneficial.

However it may also be a good idea for you to visit a doctor and tell them about your drinking history.The numbness and tingling in your feet is not something you want to take any chances with.

Take care of yourself.

Peter.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

I have to agree with Peter on this one the best place to medical advice is from a medical doctor.Go see a doctor!