Notices

A bottle of wine

Old 12-22-2006, 11:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A bottle of wine

I get sober for a week, two and almost three and then one night i'll drink one bottle of wine. and that is it.

so...i get to the point where i don't really need anything, booze wise. and i drink one bottle of stupid ass wine. hmm

i realized that my Easyway to Stop Drinking author just died; sad

thinking alot about that and stuff...

comments would be appreciated... tnx
Old 12-23-2006, 12:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

If you are pleased with your choices in life
why be concerned?

Blessings
Old 12-23-2006, 01:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi 2soberity, after reading your other posting, you seem to be like me. A binge drinker. Go a long time then wham!!!!!! The hangovers get worse due to progression of this disease. I can ony stay sober by attending AA meetings and doing steps with sponsor.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too am a binge drinker and after years, the binges grew closer and closer together. In my 20's I might get all out of hand one night a weekend..but I KNEW it was problematic and I actually attended an AA meeting back then but it didn't sit right with me then I guess. When I had my heartbroken at about 32 I started drinking nightly..just a few to ease the pain and get some sleep and my downward spiral really began. I always involved myself with other heavy drinkers and my last relationship was excruciatingly painful because basically we were both drunk unable to handle our raging and rollicking emotions. If you think its a problem, it probably is. I knew way back when and I remember wishing "if only I were a "real" alcoholic I could stop this insanity". Well, guess what..I was an alcoholic and I am an alcoholic. I'm 39 years old now and I've wasted so much and endured so much unneccessary pain. I have found the answers I have long wondered about in AA. To each their own tho. I would've have slapped anyone who told me to go to AA six months ago...thought they were some odd cult or something. Boy, was I wrong.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
HopeInFaith

Hi 2sobriety - welcome. Wine is my downfall. Sneaky little thing it is. So acceptable, encouraged...etc etc. A few thoughts entered my mind that my help you to think about and answer honestly...

1. Do you feel like this bottle o' wine every now and again is causing problems in your life?
2. Why are you drinking this bottle of wine?
3. What made you decide to reach out?

I've been back and forth to this post for a few months now...kinda in denial on the surface, but knowing deep down what is really going on. I'm a binge drinker and I binge on wine every couple weeks. It's the dry periods in between that trick me into thinking I don't have a problem. But even though I have dry periods - the results when I do drink are always the same. I'm in dangerous territory when alcohol enters my body - there's no telling what will happen!

Keep coming back and reading the threads and see if you can relate to anything. You will find your answer!