Notices

Friday night's alright

Old 03-02-2007, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday night's alright

Hey there, just wanted to report that it's Friday evening and I'm all tucked (sp) in the for the night with some hot tea and DVDs to watch. Hubby is in the garage having some beer but I'm not the least bit interested in heading out there. Thanks for all your support, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Have a GREAT night everyone and I'll check tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Talluleh,

Glad you're settled in for the night - me too! I picked up a couple of DVD's and a bag of red licorice. All set!
Enjoy your night.

Rowan
Old 03-02-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're doing great Talluleh. Enjoy your movies. See ya later.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Enjoy the movies, T! I'm going to curl in with a good, fun book-Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's THE DIRTY GIRLS SOCIAL CLUB. Talk about a guilty pleasure! lol
Old 03-03-2007, 03:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Talluleh, that's great! I am so happy to read about your success this morning. (It's 11.30am here). You will be well today, your first Saturday! I am well today too and it feels great. Last night was one big step for you. Well done, girl, I'm real proud of you! Your friend, Rainey.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Good deal, proud of you hon. I went to a speakers meeting last night, young ex-navy lad. He had a lot of spirit and told how each of the steps had helped him as a person and in his sobriety. I like speakers who focus on thier recovery and how each individual step helped them along the way.

The hubby in the garage thing has to be tough, I am not sure I could have even started to get sober if my wife was sitting around drinking, but it happens quite a bit from what I see. We have several AA members that are also Ala-non members in my area.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

talluleh!!
Your doing awesome girl, keep up the good work. It will just keep getting better and easier the more days you are sober. One day at a time!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support everyone! Funny when I posted this last night any urge I had to drink had passed. I ate some soup and crackers, threw on Sex and the City and watched episodes of that for a giggle. I feel GREAT today! No hangover, already been grocery shopping and have plans to clean up (finally) around here and cook an awesome roast chicken dinner tonight. I can't tell you what you all mean to me, today I feel powerful!!

Rowan - good to meet you, I should have picked up some licorice, d'oh!!
Hush - my friend, how are you today?
came2believe - that book sounds great, I'm going to look into that amazon today.
Rainey - thanks hon, how you are doing today?
Taz - thanks for being proud of me, have I mentioned I'm SO proud of you too!
TJ - thanks for the support, I love reading your knowledgeable and supportive posts here at SR

Have I mentioned I feel GREAT today!! (sorry, oy)

Everyone else, how are you all doing?
Old 03-03-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm doin' fine Girl. Just came back from visiting my uncle at the hospital. He's in an artificial coma and according to the doctors things aren't looking very good. I've had some ups and downs today but the ups were not too high, and the downs were not too deep so that's ok.

There was a really bad storm in Belgium last night so I did not really sleep that well. But no damage at my house and that's a very good thing! Did some shopping this morning too. Me and my wife were playbacking Nelly Furtado in the car so that was a good laugh!

Tonight I'm gonna watch a couple of movies with my sweetheart:

Little Miss sunshine, The sentinel and Children of men.

Tomorrow we'll probably watch my super ex-girlfriend and if there's time left when a man loves a woman (I was talking about it on another thread and suddenly felt like watching it.).

Thank you al for caring and have a great weekend,... or what's left of it!

Big kiss to all of you,

Hush
Old 03-03-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

thanks for being proud of me, have I mentioned I'm SO proud of you too!
Thanks hon, we all need to lean on each other, not a one of us is bullet proof.

I am at work on a Saturday!!!! Oh well at least I have a job and it is not every Saturday I have to work. Sounds like you are going to have a fine dinner! Glad to hear you are doing good today, it only gets better, I must say my hat is off to you, like I already told you, i doubt if I could have stopped if my wife was drinking.

Hush I pray that what ever is up with your uncle it will be fairly pain free what ever the outcome. Sounds like you are having a movie filled week end with the other half. I really enjoy life now myself, sobriety rocks.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Taz, in the past when I have said I'm going on the wagon I always ended up in the garage drinking with the boys. I'm not sure it was a need for me or simply doing what we always do, I'm working that all out in my head. I know I need help but what I also need to realize is that he is going to drink and whether he chooses to or not should not affect ME. He has many issues, he has colon cancer and should be dead by now but by some miracle I have him with me. Right now he is very angry at everything and drinking helps him cope. If I was to approach him about it he would simply get angry, drink more and lash out at me so I'm letting him be. He can't figure out why I have such a smile on my face today and I hope and pray that one day he will question his own reasons for drinking and stop but right now, this is about ME. I'm not saying I won't fall off tomorrow because the temptation is too great but I'm going to worry about right now, today. Thanks to me (hehe) and YOU and everyone else here I feel really good about TODAY.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Wow Talluleh IMO you are really doing all the right things right now. You are so right about how to deal with your husband and yourself. Not always easy to do and usually hard for one to see on thier own.

Your husband will be in my prayers.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Talluleh, I'm ok. It's good to see you well and hangover free!
I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, Hush. My thoughts are with you & your family. I hope you enjoy your movie night.