Notices

Day7....Far as I got

Old 12-10-2006, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day7....Far as I got

Sorry to disappoint all of you. Decided to have some wine on Friday, and rep eated again last night. About 5 glasses of wine each night. It's weird...I had no cravings, no real urge.....just decided to do it. Interestingly, while drinking, I tried reading, which I had done a fair bit of the previous 7 nights. Found that my concentration level while reading and drinking was not near as good as when not. Kind of pissed me off, as I am close to the end of a darned good book. I also play poker a bit online, and found the same thing there. Finally, when going to bed after the wine, I immediately conked out. When not drinking, slowly drifting off to sleep was actually a pleasant experience.

I know that this will not go over well here, but I'm not really pissed at myself, but I am going to start another sobriety period starting today. We'll see how that goes, but I've two new library books I'm looking forward to.

Best to all....especially the new guy from UK who drank 3 bottles of wine. Hang in there bud!!
Old 12-10-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Ozark....Reading?

Have you read this?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

One thing I have learned over the years...
"I can't get anyone else sober or drunk"

Blessings..
Old 12-10-2006, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi mate

sorry 2 hear that u fell off the wagon there mate i 2 am on 7 days 2day feel as we brits say "shithot" lol which means great lol just get bk on and try again my friend as my dad allways says 2 me even god loves a tryer take care dude

the new and very improved
mick
Old 12-10-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope I didn't come across wrong here....

I didn't mean to sound cocky with my post. I'm just tryin to tell you what's on my mind. While I wasn't pissed at myself for slipping, I know I'm still an alcoholic, and still need help......that's why I came back to post.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Ozark.

I'm a Brit who used to drink 3 bottles a night and I'm on day 7 so I guess you mean me?

You know I think one of the BEST things about this forum is the honesty. You slipped off the wagon but you're mad at yourself and you're going to have another go straight away.

a) Well done for jumping back on the horse after a fall.
b) Well done for being honest.

If this sh*t was easy to kick we wouldn't all be here trying to encourage each other.

BTW - I play online poker too. Maybe we can hook up for a game one night if we both need something to do in order to pass the time and kick the habit?
Old 12-10-2006, 12:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Ozark,

Add me to the list of loosers, cravings got the best of me Friday. Tomorrow is another day, and I'm happy for the 11 days I didn't drink.

I'm glad you're here and posting, it has really helped me cut back over the last year, and I have hope that someday soon I'll get it right.

Take care, pal, stay with us!
S
Old 12-10-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ozark,

Boy do I relate to the poor concentration while drinking. I pretty much wasted 3 years of so-called reading. I would sit down with a huge glass of wine and a good book, only to wake up hours later on the same page but having finished off 2 more glasses.

I may have to go back and reread all those things now that I'm sober.

Stick with us. It DOES get better!