Notices

trazodone

Old 12-08-2006, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

trazodone

hi im in my 5th day and strugglein 2 sleep so the doc gave me trazodone any1 hear of it or use it and is it any good best wishes 2 all u sober ppl
Old 12-08-2006, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No idea MTH.

I had awful sleep for the first 2 nights.

Night 3 was a bit better.

And night 4 (last night) better still.

I'm trying to white knuckle the whole thing drug free but all depending on how I do and feel I might be asking you how it worked for you.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

trazadone

Yes, i took 100mg of trazadone for quite a while. They use it as a anti-depressant in higher doses. It worked well for me although i did have very vivid dreams. When I stopped taking it i continued to sleep well, no "rebound"
effect. It is not habit forming at all.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have taken Trazadone, and still do from time to time. It is actually an anti depressant used for treating very serious mental conditions in high doses. In low doses it has a side effect of causing you to sleep. I still take it from time to time.

HOWEVER, this pill, while not addictie, does have the side effect of causing sexual dysfunction. I only take it when absolutely necessary. I find if I take it no more than one day in a week, there is no sexual consequence, take it two or more days in a row, there are consequences.

Peace, Levi
Old 12-08-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Gkad to see you are talking with your doctor mthhilly

Keep in focus... Well done on your progress!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Another Long Rookie Thread...

Works great in the first few days. Usually docs will only give you a few pills, so no harm done.

Wish I had some tonight
Old 12-11-2006, 07:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hi all

day 8 and still going well. i think the trzodone is doing ok too it just takes the edge of things 4 me at nite which is the hardest part.i have a very good friend who has been on it 2 yrs and is completely fine wiv it and has had no side effects whatsoever,so why they keep working along side my will power ill keep takeing surely 1 little pill aday is better than drinking myself 2 death

the new and very improved
mick
ps hope every1 well
Old 12-11-2006, 09:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mick one very important thing for us alcoholics, we need to make sure that our doctors, dentists, and pharmicists now that we are recovering alcoholics to where they can prescribe us properly, in many cases there are medicines we should not take. On the same line, if we are practicing alcoholics it may be even more important to let them know.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

tazman

yeah i get u my friend and i do let them ppl know of my addiction but trazadone seems 2 be workin at the mo. r u or did u have anyting

mick
Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

They gave me something when I got out of de-tox, I took it for 2 days an said to myself I am going to try to go totally drug free if possible. I noticed no difference, but then again I spent 5 days in detox being given God only knows what to keep down the shakes! Some folks need medical help and some don't, that is why we have doctors to treat physical problems and recovering alcoholics to help other recovering alcoholics.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

tazman

i understand ur point and i also would like to do this drug free due to the fact that same as all alcoholics have a highly addictive personality and even tho every report and write up about trazodone says its non addictive i just dont trust that. the last thing i want is to kick a drink habbit and end up being addicted 2 pescription drugs if u get my drift but on the same footing they have helped me over the last few days and i only have 4 more days worth left so ill finnish the course and then see how i feel hopefully i can go without

mick
Old 12-11-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

mick if the doc knows you are recovering and he prescribed it I would not worry about it. Just to be safe you may want to wait a few days after the prescription is finished before you make a decision to go back for me if you still feel you need it. It is up to you brother, we are all different.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

mth -
Hi! I have taken trazadone in the past with good results for sleeping. It tends to cause a little grogginess in me however, so I only have used it when I know I can sleep the full night and only when I think I really need it. As has been said here, it was important for me to tell the doctor all the facts about my addiction, and it was important to keep the dose low....For me if one is better - well should 16 be really, really good! LOL....so I have to make sure I am monitored very closely. When I started keeping secrets...well...I relapsed...and here I am..behind you on day 5.

Keep it up...you are one of my inspirations for myself on this board.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

mtn hows u

hi guys hi mtn how u all doin its day 12 and stillgoin strong lol still takein the trazodone i dont know if they doin anything or not i do feel 100% better but i dont know if thats the trazzys or the sleep that ive had lol but what ever im doing its working coz ive not had a beer nor feel like 1 at all. i think i reached a junction in my life abit like a fork in the road if u get me. i had 2 make a decision which lane 2 take lane A: the same shity crap existence i had ie: pissed frm am to pm no prospects no cash no family very few friends and above all very poor health or road b: the lane that im trying now where i have a great family,kids,improved health and self worth. i mean durrrrrrrrr its a no brainer lol im not sayingits goin 2 be easy to stay in that lane but im gonna give it my all

all the best mick
Old 12-16-2006, 08:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning (at least for me) not sure what time it is for you mth. Glad to read about your continued resolve to take the new and different road in your life.
I'm with you buddy! No it isn't going to be easy, but hey we can do it if we take it one day at a time.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hey mtn

hi there its 5pm here in cold and wet old blighty lol how r u hope ur doing well???? im ok just alittle bored lol wht does mtn stand 4????

mick
Old 12-16-2006, 09:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

mtnmagic = mountain magic. I live in a small community high in the Sierra Mountain range called Lake Tahoe. It is a beautiful place. the mtn is short for mountain. My avatar (picture) is a water fairy representing me and the Lake...

so tell me what your name here means mthhilly I mean...
Old 12-16-2006, 10:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

lol hi again

mthhilly lol it means nothing as nice as urs its just my initials and my last name lol ........... mth= michael thomas hill. hilly is my nickname lol see nothing special lol

mick