New here,just needed to vent.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Thank you Anna.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Unnamed feeling,

You've got a monkey on your back. Every single person here has that same monkey on his/her back. I think it never really goes away, but you CAN learn to ignore him.
Like others have said, take this one day at a time. Don't dwell on the future right now, not beyond today at least. Get some professional advice on how to go about sobering up. That may sound scary to you, but people are there to help - some of them have been exactly where you are now! Once it comes time to get off the booze, just tell yourself that you won't drink that day. One little day. You can do that, right? Sure you can! Then try it again the next day. You'll gain more confidence in yourself as time goes by.

You are young and I can tell that you have a good head on your shoulders. Things often look hopeless when we are in the middle of the bad times, but you'll see that life has a way of moving on, a way of healing wounds that we never thought could get better.

YOU CAN BEAT THIS! You have friends here to lean on and to bounce ideas off of. Make the call. Get that monkey to shut up!!
Old 12-06-2006, 01:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dear Unnamed Feeling,

I am sorry that you are going through this very dark and scary period in your life. When I hit my bottom I had very similar feelings and fears, and felt hopeless.

I am now sober in AA and am here to tell ou that your life will get better and better if you don't drink for today. You are not alone. So many of us are here to help you in our own ways.

Its good that you are asking for help and letting us share with you.

Thanks, you are helping to keep me sober another day. I will return the gift to you as long as you want it. Have you considered taking the steps that the others have suggested? Doctor? Support program? Rehab?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by unnamed_feeling View Post
I'm not quite sure why I signed up here. Maybe it's because I see a little bit of me in all you.

I'm not sure how I got to this point. My life has done nothing but spin outta of control for the last year and half. I've lost the one person I care about,I lost my apartment. I lost my job. I've lost my self respect.
After reading the above, I didn't have to read the rest. I know why you're here. Alcohol brought you here, plain and simple.

I won't comment on seeing a doctor. That may or may not be necessary. That's your call. I do recommend however, that you get in touch with AA ASAP and get some help. That's what I did and I haven't taken a drink since. I learned to care about a lot of new friends. In order to pay rent, there has to be an income, so finding another job is essential. I started to feel better about myself the minute I made the decision to take responsibility for my getting well. I did this by going to meetings, getting a sponsor, and working the AA program to the best of my ability. The same opportunities are there for you. Tie a knot and hang on.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Tim-O

Hey, am new not 2 sure why i joined up but reading ure post i felt like it could have come from my own mouth, i lost the love of my life due 2 drinking and now i seem 2 just b spiraling out of control, I KNOW there is hope 4 us both WE WILL get through this Tim
Old 12-06-2006, 06:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you in our Alcoholism Forum Tim!
You too can find recovery!

Blessings
Old 12-06-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome Tim!!!

Stick around, let us get to know you better.

There IS hope for you!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tim_OB View Post
Hey, am new not 2 sure why i joined up but reading ure post i felt like it could have come from my own mouth, i lost the love of my life due 2 drinking and now i seem 2 just b spiraling out of control, I KNOW there is hope 4 us both WE WILL get through this Tim
Happens all the time Tim. It's called identifying, and I think it's pretty cool. We alkies, in general, like think we're the Lone Range, that this has never happened to anyone else.

Stick around. You'll hear your story again from someone else. And what they did to get better, and what they're are like now.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Folks the best thing about being in AA or any support group or here is that I realized I was not alone, there are folks out there that have been through the same things I have been through and are now sober and happy.

I thank God now that I am not alone any longer and that I am sober and have a lot of folks walking the same path I am walking. All have been where I was and some are now where I am, and others are further into the joyous life of sobriety then I am. I belong now, I am not alone, hand in hand I walk my walk of sobriety with God and my fellow sober alcoholics.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks

thank you all again for the replies. I haven't gotten the courage to go to meetings or do anything to make myself better. And welcome Tim,I wish you luck on your journey. Much more then I have. Keep in touch,let me know how it's going.

I wake up in the morning and tell myself it'll get better. That today is the day. Well,it's never the day it seems. It's the usual. Me. Vodka. Saturday(or anyother) Night. And Music.Can't forget the music. It numbs me. Makes me forget who or what I am.

I sit here and read over the replies. Man,they give me hope. But I can't seem to grasp that I NEED to do something.I'm done rambling.

Last edited by CarolD; 12-09-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Another Long Rookie Thread...

I do the same thing, but I try to turn it around on myself. Whenever I listen to a song that justifies drinking, I'll dial up another one that inspires me not to drink. And then I print it out and put on the fridge; I call it "musical therapy". Corny, I know.

Last edited by CarolD; 12-09-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Glad you are checking in unnamed_feeling!

There is hope and healing to be had.
Get out of the sad music and the vodka
Come into the sunlight of recovery.

Blessings
Old 12-09-2006, 10:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I edited 2 songs from this thread.

We are not allowed to post..

Materials that violate the law such as copyright infringements
The above quote is from our SR Policy
Rules & Regs Forum

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-posting-tips/

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by CarolD; 12-09-2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

unnamed_feeling, that false positive for cocaine is weird, I'd go see a dr to check kidneys and blood sugar levels cuz diabetes also isn't something to mess around with...

Marte
Old 12-10-2006, 09:18 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I apologize for posting them. I should have read the rules better.Won't happen again.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You are never going to get better unless you get 100% honest with others and yourself. You do not test positive for cocaine, unless you have done cocaine. Period. And trust me,..when you lie to people who you have put through the misery of your addiction, about things like this cocaine drug test issue, you may be thinking that there is some outside chance that you can still fool them and save face,...but, trust me, they arent teetering on whether or not they believe you...all they are thinking is "Even after all this pain he is putting himself and his family through,....and gets caught doing this,....and he is STILL willing to lie to me" Whether you are lying or not,....he doesnt believe you, and this is what he is thinking.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:38 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Uh,excuse me,but I've NEVER done cocaine. And trust me,I have absolutley NO reason to come here and lie about it. If anything,I'd admit to using it and it wouldn't be an issue now would it? And honestly,I don't care if they believe it or not,I know the truth. This isn't about "saving face" as you put it,it's about a concern for my health.As in,could my drinking be affecting me?

Something caused that false positive,and it sure as hell wasn't cocaine. I resent the fact that you're implying I'm lying about it.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:10 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

unnamed_feeling....I appreciate your apology.
It was no big deal.

We have a ignore member function here where you can
block rude members.
Look under your Profile for the buddy list.

However...as we have all sorts of people who post
with varied approaches to recovery and sober time
it is interesting to read others.

The most important thing is that you find a way to quit
drinking. Do you have a plan?
Old 12-10-2006, 10:11 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Unnamed feeling

I did a quick search and found that several things are known to cause a false positive reaction for cocaine. It was mentioned that a type of test(EMIT) can be significantly inaccurate:

Liver infection
Kidney infection
Amoxycillon (antibiotic)
Tonic water
Diabetes

Seeing your doctor about this would be a wise choice.

Keep well

Ron
Old 12-10-2006, 10:29 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm new here and just posted in the newcomers to recovery area of the forum. I'm on day 4. Finally doing better. I'm really looking to get to know you all on the forum. Just for today, I know I can stay sober.