Notices

Ok....I'm going to give it a go

Old 12-01-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok....I'm going to give it a go

Hopefully, today will end as Day 1. My son left to return to Iraq this morning, so I've got no more excuses. I told him at breakfast yesterday that I was going to try, and he responded that he didn't think I drank that much. I said that I thought I did and that I can't seem to stop. He said.....try two weeks off....you'll feel better about yourself just in accomplishing this. So, I hope I can get to day 2, much less 14, much less 114, etc.

I hope you will all hear from me again.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Ozark the only one who can tell you whether or not you are an alcoholic is your self. I wish you all the luck in the world, I can tell you that going it alone or just using this forum as your support more then likely will not see you to a successful begininning of recovery.

Everyone is different, for me I went into detox first and straight into 90 meetings in 90 days with AA, it has worked great for me. There are other success stories, but very few done alone and even fewer done alone that wind up being any more then a dry miserable drunk.

What do you plan on trying?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Ozark,

Welcome to the fight...lol. I'm glad to see you giving it a try. One day at a time, keep busy, drink lots of fluids, exercise, you'll do fine!

We are all different, it is good to have a plan, do what works for you! Do you have other family around you? Hopefully you can keep busy with them.

Have a great weekend, and STAY BUSY! Tire yourself out!

S
Old 12-01-2006, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Ozark, remember that this is a one day at a time deal. If you don't drink today, tomorrow rolls around as another sober day, and so on, and so on. Please try to get yourself to an AA meeting. You might find it comforting to know that there are others out there just like you. Trust me, if you think you might have a drinking problem, chances are that you do. Normal drinkers don't have those thoughts.

My kids have always been very loving to me, but there were times when they begged me not to drink. It's so amazing now to be the father I'd always dreamed of being, and all it really took was to be honest with myself about this disease.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Ozark,

As others have said: one day at a time. Keep posting. You will find an amazing amount of support here from people who have also had their Day 1, Day 2 . . .

Peggy
Old 12-01-2006, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tazman

I'm going to try to quit. I talked to my wife about it today. I like your direct ( vs touchy/feely) approach, but I think you are basically saying I'm wasting my time if I don't join AA. Maybe yu are right, but don't help me get started by discouraging me. By the way, in no way am I telling you to shut up.....I'll take all the advice I can get.

Thanks
Old 12-01-2006, 01:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Try to have an open mind, Ozark. AA is a program of attraction. If you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it, then you are ready to take certain steps.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Have you seen this link with some of our personal stories
on de toxing?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-expect.html

And seeing you doctor is the best idea as you haave
been drinking so long.

Good Luck and Blessings..