Notices

I Think I have a Problem??

Old 12-01-2006, 04:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How bad do you wantittostop?? Bad enough to go to an AA meeting? Bad enough to tell the people at the meeting what you're telling us? There's more help than you can imagine at an AA meeting, maybe even a doctor or two who might be able to give you some suggestions. Keep in mind though that if you have any reservations at all about quitting the booze, your chances of stopping and staying stopped are minimal. For sure, an AA meeting isn't as expensive as a 911 call, and you can do it yourself....if you want to.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey, Want- we are all here for you, waiting for you to tell us you made the call and you are getting help. We care about what is going on with you.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Im killingv myself right now....atleast im going to try to...im looking for gthe strength.........its a hard thing to do...not the easy way out.I have no other choice.I hope something goes wrong before i have the chancwe to back out...............im a cowaRD JUSTw worthless.....sorry everybody
Old 12-03-2006, 01:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

before you do, ask yourself this

is this what YOU want?

I dont think so

you may feel like this is the only way but it isnt, there is ALWAYS another way

pick up the phone and get help

life is worth living

DONT do this

this is NOT what you want and you know it.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

crossing the invisible line

I read this in the Big Book.

These men were not drinking for escape, They were drinking to overcome the craving beyond their mental control. I see where that happened to me, I remember when it was fun, when it took me far from reality. I really never want to forget when I drank even when I didn't want to anymore. Thank God there is a solution. Try going to a meeting and mingle with the sober drunks you'll see your not unique. You don't have to feel different so much so that you want to totally seperate yourself from this world. I was ready to do the same as you, so really my very life depends on this AA progarm. I really hope to here from you tomorrow, we can do this together.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wantittostop View Post
Im killingv myself right now....atleast im going to try to...im looking for gthe strength.........its a hard thing to do...not the easy way out.I have no other choice.I hope something goes wrong before i have the chancwe to back out...............im a cowaRD JUSTw worthless.....sorry everybody

Answers my questions!!
Old 12-03-2006, 04:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Music.........i do want it to stop, but if i cant have back what I lost or at least be given a chance or even some hope for the future I cant go on.That sounds awfully demanding.Flawed thinking.

I would go to an AA meeting ....Im not sure if it would do me any good though....as I said The only thing thatll help is to be believed in by a certain person...nothing else will do.Im content to die if this doesnt happen.

I drink not because I enjoy it but because I want to forget...not to feel.Last night was the worst yet and I imagine tonight will be bad as well.Ive started to black out and not remember what went on the night before
Old 12-03-2006, 05:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

What- My little cousin committed suicide- PLEASE don't do it! You think there is nobody who cares but you are SO WRONG! My life will never be the same because he chose to leave. Get help- make a call to 911. Find a little bit of strength- you absolutely deserve to get help and make a better life for yourself.

Make The Call !!!!!

Tammy
Old 12-03-2006, 06:38 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
AA Member

Music.........i do want it to stop, but if i cant have back what I lost or at least be given a chance or even some hope for the future I cant go on.That sounds awfully demanding.Flawed thinking.

wantittostop, Have you read what others have said here? You do have hope and a chance to make things better .but you need to do something a bought it no one can do it for you . Keep on doing what you are doing and you will get your wish…Jay
Old 12-03-2006, 06:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wantittostop View Post

I would go to an AA meeting ....Im not sure if it would do me any good though....as I said The only thing thatll help is to be believed in by a certain person...nothing else will do.Im content to die if this doesnt happen.

I drink not because I enjoy it but because I want to forget...not to feel.Last night was the worst yet and I imagine tonight will be bad as well.Ive started to black out and not remember what went on the night before
-I've been in AA for some time and compared to who and what I was when I went to my first meeting, my life is today, more than I could have ever anticipated.

-If your life is dependant on what someone else does, or doesn't do, you're heading for a dead end. If you're intent on comitting suicide, you have two choices. Take the long and painful path using drugs and alcohol, or get it over with quickly. Your choice! The tendency with some is to plead with you to not take your own life. I've tried that with others and I know you're going to do whatever it is you're going to do regardless of what anyone says or does. So, make your decision. Put yourself first and get to AA or some other kind of program where you can get some help, or wait for this 'other person' to come around to suit you. It's all up to you!!

-I've come to believe in a Higher Power I choose to call God. Even when I was drinking, He was there. He's there even more for me today because I'm much more aware of His presence. I've tried in the past, to put all my attention into pleasing other people, only to be disappointed. All I have to do is to ask God for help and thank Him when I receive help. He's never let me down. I believe if I learn to put faith, trust and belief in my HP, there's nothing I need worry about. Humans are falable, and prone to error.

PS....Take notice of your first sentence above. "I do want to stop....BUT.... BUT WHAT??? You want things under your terms and conditioins. Get real!!
Old 12-03-2006, 07:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Music View Post
-I've been in AA for some time and compared to who and what I was when I went to my first meeting, my life is today, more than I could have ever anticipated.

-If your life is dependant on what someone else does, or doesn't do, you're heading for a dead end. If you're intent on comitting suicide, you have two choices. Take the long and painful path using drugs and alcohol, or get it over with quickly. Your choice! The tendency with some is to plead with you to not take your own life. I've tried that with others and I know you're going to do whatever it is you're going to do regardless of what anyone says or does. So, make your decision. Put yourself first and get to AA or some other kind of program where you can get some help, or wait for this 'other person' to come around to suit you. It's all up to you!!

-I've come to believe in a Higher Power I choose to call God. Even when I was drinking, He was there. He's there even more for me today because I'm much more aware of His presence. I've tried in the past, to put all my attention into pleasing other people, only to be disappointed. All I have to do is to ask God for help and thank Him when I receive help. He's never let me down. I believe if I learn to put faith, trust and belief in my HP, there's nothing I need worry about. Humans are falable, and prone to error.

PS....Take notice of your first sentence above. "I do want to stop....BUT.... BUT WHAT??? You want things under your terms and conditioins. Get real!!

Well said, Music!

So, wantittostop,....you want this to end? What if I was being held,....tied up,...in a cold, water-dripping somewhere in the distance, dungeon-like room,....and I knew the axe-murderer was eventually going to hack me up in a bloody, painful mess,....and I had a few options to save myself? Would you think it wise for me to think of my options, and start eliminating the ones Im going to even try because they might not work? Thats what you are doing. AA may not work for you????? MAY not??? THATS why you wont try it????? The other side to that senario is that it MAY. Instead of using that it may not work as the reason why you wont even try it,.....why not use that fact that it MAY, as your reason why you DO try it? Or is it that, that sounds like too much effort? You seem to just want this mess you have created to just be gone one day when you wake up,....as if by some magic. Recovery is hard. Using is hard as well, but, the different betweent the two is that using only gets worse,...and never gets any better. Recovery gets better and better the more you work at it. You are letting yourself down. Get off the pity-pot and embracing the "Oh, poor me's" and do something about your life. All you have to do is really want it. You say you do,...so show me.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

again, thanks for the replies.

Music and Earlybird I really took your posts to heart....I swallowed hard after reading them.I just want a chance to make amends...to make things right.Maybe I dont deserve that...I really dont know.I do know i cant continue on like this.I have no motivation...I cant even drum up any within myself.Life has lost all meaning.

Still havent been to an AA meeting, I called found out the times and everything...didnt go.i have no friends ...I let my world revolve around 1 person.....she's gone now and I dont know what to do.I know all the 'right' things to do...for whatever reason Im content to die out.I think I loath/hate myself and this is how im punishing myself.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Call the number in your local phone book for AA. They can help arrange for someone to take you to a meeting. You do not have to do the amends, all of that, all at once. One step at a time.

Was your life always so horrible and unbearable? Then, why do you assume things will always be like they are now? If there is even one glimmer of goodness in your past, even the way the light shone into an attic room when you were a child, then I promise you you can get that back, and ten-fold.

However; as they say, if you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten.

Why not try a different way?

You do not have to sign a membership roll to attend an AA meeting. You don't even have to show up sober. How well has "your way" worked so far? Obviously not so well or you wouldn't be threatening suicide. So, why not try another way?