Notices

Care to share

Old 11-25-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Proof. I was looking for one thing and found quite another... support.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i was looking for help to stop drinking and didn't want to go to AA, and i'm glad i've found this place it's been a great help to me, i often wonder how many people this site has saved.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by E_Dili
I was in the midst of benzodiazepine withdrawal and had spent all day googling for any information I could find; one of the links was a thread on SR. It all went from there...
Wow, that's rough. They give you benzodiazepine for Alcohol withdrawls. What do they give you for benzodiazepine withdrawls ?

Anyway, I Googled for "Alcohol Message Board". I was looking for a place like this.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well, I just "officially" joined today, as the real me. I have been reading posts on other sites and have found that I have learned a lot from them. They have helped me a lot. I know that keeping things in my head is not a good thing, I can go crazy with that sometimes. Also, people in your life are not always available, plus those that have not dealt with addiction don't always understand. So, I joined so I can get some of these things out of my head (yes, a selfish reason), but also to learn from others.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

I joined SR to see what it might be like to have an online component to accent my recovery program, to add another tool to the toolbox...

You guys rock!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I initially came here for information, but also found a great support network. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks without booze. It feels good! I am sleeping better than I was a week ago and I have more energy than I did when I was drinking. My temper doesn't flare up as easily now either.

Thanks for such a great website!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by nocellphone
And how's that workin' for ya?
not so good...my average is 0.00.

But still hopin'!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:48 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I have frequent spurts of free time at my office, and my internet activities were straying to the non-productive and unsavory. I thought this would be a great way to keep me focused on recovery. So far, it's been way better than I expected!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Like many, I felt alone in this, there were so many things I couldnt really ask anyone. I needed support that I could do on my own schedule.

Steve
Old 11-27-2006, 03:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

Although I have not had a sobriety date (do not drink during the week but that does not count since I still do on the weekends) it helps me knowing that there are other people out there who understand my problem. I just wish that i could be as stong as the rest of you. Sober life is truly hard to get into after all is you know of is drunken times.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

I probably Googled something about 'alcoholism' and 'recovery', and thankfully came across SR right off the bat. I wanted a message board because I'm an internet-junkie (and wanted to supplement my AA meetings).

Greeneyes - you're right, sober life is hard. But surprisingly, it's far easier than actively drinking. You'll be amazed at how much easier it is to wake up in the morning with a clear conscience, without a banging hangover and knowing that you've spent another day sober. None of us thought we were strong either, and there's no reason why *you* won't be strong enough to be able to do this. You *can*, and you *will*. You've made the first step - admitting that you have a problem.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:52 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Looking for the definition of what an alcoholic was in order to establish if I was one.

I found out and have stayed as a result.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Found this place a while back, came looking for a particular poem, found it.

Started reading posts and now I'm hooked.

Due to my work I can't attend as many meetings as I want too and I believe that this wonderful place helps me to connect with others like me.

Thanks for being here....
Old 01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
New things have come to light

I use to be on another message board, then i got sober, so i thought finding a sober message board would be cool. so here i be.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

My little sister found it and sent me the link. She was trying to quit crack. She didn't stick with SR but I have and I am extremely greatful.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

When I use BBs geared towards recovery I am reminded, as often as I want to be or need to be, that I am not alone, and I need never drink again.

And I need to learn how to be with people. You people help me practice.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I want to stay sober. I'm living (for the next 3 months) in a very isolated, beautiful spot, on a mountain, and I'm NOT used to it! There are meetings to go to every day...but I'm really not digging the isolation and sometimes in the last month knew that it was dangerous for my sobriety, to be in my head and alone most days. I have a sponsor, and people I talk to, but I think communicating on these forums will be beneficial as well...glad they're here!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our new SR members!

GrouchoTheCat
and
dalaimama