Notices

Vicious cycle

Old 11-08-2006, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vicious cycle

Hi, I hope at least one person will take the time to read this.

I've been drinking 20 cans of beer everyday for 6 years and every morning I wake up I have the DT'S.The shakes, anxiety and confusion is so bad that I hit the drink again to get rid of the symptoms and it's just a vicious cycle.I have all these people telling me "if you didn't drink you wouldn't have the shakes/anxiety" and I know that but it's so hard to cope with the shakes.

When I explain the pain I'm going through to familly members I just feel like their looking down on me and seem to think I'm having a party when I'm drinking, I'm not, it's hell.

I'm sick of this and want to be sober, I'm sick of selling every item I own to pay for the habbit, I'm sick of being sick/pissing/doing the toilet on the carpet, I'm sick of hitting the people I love, I'm sick of stealing from friends, I'm sick of lying, I'm sick of waking up in places and I don't know how I ended up there, I'm sick of crushing all the emty cans into the bin every morning while my neighbor looks at me with a disgusted face.It's hell on Earth and I want out.

Any advice or help is very much appreciated.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Phyilx, I am new to this too. And I feel your pain. You are in the rignt place. Im sure you will get better advice from the people on here that have been through sobriety longer..Im just starting But I too am sick. Have had the looks, hurting others, embarrassing myself, family that is not there for you..even people at my church I "finally" confessed too all the sudden don't have much to say. Its tough. This "sh&^" you are going through I know will get better...perhaps to start is detoxing through a dr??? or med place? Then AA...I used to have such issues with AA but now I realize this is the place I should have gone long ago...it really does work wonders..the people don't judge..and have tools of success stories that is better than any drink in terms of inspiration and motiviation....which to me is key to get past the vicious cycle...to BREAK the cycle. I'll pray for you.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

Hi Phlex, I to am new to this web sight but not new to drinking. I think one of the best parts of this web sight and AA is knowing your not alone. At least for me it was. Alcoholism is such a lonely place to be. Not to mention the depression all the other wonderful things it dose for you .Just letting you know you have a place to go and not be alone. Being around other alcoholics that want to stop using is the place to be. We are a unique bunch to say the least ..I know some others with more clean time we give you some great advice. Take care, Jay
Old 11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, Phlex,

I'm glad you're here, there is hope. I am still struggling, but since coming here, and being able to relate to others, I have been drinking a lot less this year.

Stick around, and post often, there is a way out!

Steve
Old 11-08-2006, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hello and Welcome t o SR!

It is alwats a wise move to see your doctor before quitting.
The longer and harder one drinks..the more difficulties one has
with de toxing.

Glad to see you are looking for answers...Blessings
Old 11-08-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the replies, I hope I can get sober soon and have a clear head, i'm sick of this madness!