Notices

allrite man...

Old 11-05-2006, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

allrite man...

things are not ok rite now,im shakey and restlesss tired and just no right,i think for the fist time im gettin withdrawal symptoms, i dont know what to say besides that and i hope it gets over soon,im yawning like i havent slept in days but just woke up,im shakeyon the inside of my body,dont feel right,its been like almost 48 hours,tell me im ok,ok?
Old 11-05-2006, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Patrick

Good to see ya' hanging in there.

Yup, you might be going through withdrawal. You know that if it gets bad to get medical attention.

I found that as I aged, the withdrawals got worse. This may explain why you've not had them before.

I saw in another thread that you maybe have some surgery scheduled? Hope it's nothing serious, but, you probably should tell them about your current situation.

All the best to you and good luck.

Ron
Old 11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Your OK!

its normal...CarolD always says to drink alot of water, hard candy for cravings and alot of other stuff I cant remember...walk alot, gets the anxiety out. Hang in there...you CAN do it...this too shall pass and soon.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Patrick...
it's always wise to de tox with medical supervision.

I kinda doubt you will do that so..

Try walking...drinking water..warm showers
Aspirin for aches..Hard candy for shakes
Soft food and no caffeine.

Above all...do not drink alcohol!

Don't hesitate to go to an ER if
you have a seizure..bleed..have chest pain.

I think it is important you do this now
before your surgery.

Try to relax...you can do this!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Pat,

How are you doing today?

S
Old 11-09-2006, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

How's it going Patrick?
Old 11-12-2006, 02:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

baddddddddddd

i just had surgery on a pilondial? cyst inbtween my butt cheeks. its referred to as a ice cream scoop of flesh removed,no stiches just a hole larger than a golf ball left behind to heal from inside out.im in so much pain,dr prescribed oxycodone for pain,took 1 and it got rid of pain but made me very hostile and angry,so now im just usin ibuprofen for pain which barely helps,have visitin nurse care 2 times a day to pack/unpack the wound.ouch,and im not drinking or smoking cigs,wanna be around me rite now????????? nope
Old 11-12-2006, 02:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

Jeez Louise. I bet that hurts like hell Patrick. Here's looking forward to better days.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh Patrick.

Sorry to hear you're in so much pain.

Sending good, healing thoughts your way

Ron
Old 11-12-2006, 03:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ouch!

Prayers for a quick recovery
Old 11-12-2006, 04:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
outtahere

I still get the shakes after a year of abstinance. I had the DTs real bad for a long time (many months). I just drank stuff like cranberry juice, apple juice, tomato juice, etc. I stopped drinking water substituting juice (I still sip some water from time to time). My doctor told me about a person that got all their fluids from fruits and vegetables. I had a lot of head pain from drinking water and when I stopped drinking a lot of water the pain went away.

I think Bruce Lee died from water on the brain because he quit drinking alcohol and drank a lot of water. I am pretty sure a friend died in the hospital from water on the brain. I had to go to the police station to pick him up after he got a dui once. The police told me when they pulled him over for a routine traffic stop they decided to test him for alcohol, but he passed the test so they gave him a breathalyzer test and it came back 3.00 bac. They couldn't belive anyone could walk and talk at all, let alone normal, with that much alcohol in him.

I think the worse thing you could do is substitute water for alcohol if you are a chronic alcoholic. People that drink a one or two a day can get a way with it, but if you put down 3+ a day for a long time and have head pain after you sober up you better think twice before drowning in water as a substitute for alcohol. Get plenty of B vitamins and minerals like chromium and drink juice. I also take a lot of very benificial herbs. Sparkling juice is an excellent substitute for alcoholic beverages.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum leeside..

I think you have sine ubcirrect information
Please do research on "water on the brain"

See if this link has info..
Brain

http://www.alcohol-drug.com/neuropsych.htm

And I just found this..

http://www.medicinenet.com/hydrocephalus/index.htm

Have you talked to your doctor recently about a
fasting blood sugar test for diabetes?

I do hope you can find answers
Take care...

Last edited by CarolD; 11-12-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Pat,

Great to hear from you, I'm glad your still here, and so sorry to hear about your pain in the azz. I join the others in sending prayers your way, and hopes for a speedy recovery!

S
Old 11-13-2006, 09:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
On a tear

Oh man, Homer... I've often been a PIA, but I don't think I've ever HAD one.

Sorry you are feeling so lousy... prayers going up that your pain can be lifted soon - so you can focus on all the OTHER pain (grin).

Be well.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Patrick, how's it going?

Ron
Old 11-14-2006, 01:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thanks evone,intense pain,tryin not to take pain meds BUT i have to,no if's about it, ill be back soon
Old 11-14-2006, 05:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
outtahere

Originally Posted by CarolD
Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum leeside..

I think you have sine ubcirrect information
Please do research on "water on the brain"

See if this link has info..
Brain

alcohol-drug.com/neuropsych.htm

And I just found this..

medicinenet.com/hydrocephalus/index.htm

Have you talked to your doctor recently about a
fasting blood sugar test for diabetes?

I do hope you can find answers
Take care...
My information is empirical information. As far as I have heard no one knows what makes problems cause water on the brain. I checked those sites you point to and it is not (as far as I know) brain shrinkage and it does not explain how spinal fluid builds up in the brain (I think it is due to alcohol and other drugs). There are some pointer to some of the causes but no explaination of how it makes it happen.

When I quit drinking I had severe head pain and water made it more severe. I was in the hospital with severe head pain and I wouldn't eat or drink anything. The head pain was really bad. I finally relented and ate some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches no fluids. My head pain relented right away. Whenever I got too much water my head hurt and I got very disturbing hallucinations. I learned to stay away from too much fluids especially water.

Prior to and during my drinking (especially prior to) I drank copious amounts of water. I bought the 6-8 glasses of water a day theory hook, line, and sinker.

I now concur with my doctor due to my experiance with cutting back of drinking water as he suggests. I now feel much better. My blood pressure dropped. No more head pain. I used to have many headaches. Since I decided to take my doctors advise I am headache free. I stopped taking prescription drugs and now use herbs. My doctor is not into herbs. The doctor graduated Internal Medicine in the 1990s and is into good nutrition. I dont have high blood sugar.

I once read of a woman who died as a result of drinking too much water. I am not trying to start a movement (if no one agrees it is just peculiar to me). There is a saying: One mans meat is another mans poison.

I am trying to keep an open mind which was not open to what my doctor advised about getting water from fruits and vegetables (now it is). I drink water when my body needs it (it is called thirst and I think nature knows what it is doing).

Last edited by leeside; 11-14-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It's good to se you are taking care of your health.

Blessings..