Notices

Professionals' records

Old 10-30-2006, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Professionals' records

What sort of details should be on professionals' records regarding my drinking?

In my drinking (in the run up to 1995 and then again from 2000 to four months ago) my binges were quite irregular in frequency, duration and size (amount).

That perhaps makes it sound dodgy to professionals trying to write down any details.

I don't understand why they are regarding it as so much more sensational this time round when my drinking led to very bad behaviour in the 1980s.

I do find doctors are quiet erratic in what they take notice of and what they don't (in areas completely unrelated to alcoholism).

I meran: GP, psychiatrist (whom I have started seeing about depression) and employers' physician.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi...I really have no clue as to how medical care
and records are handled in the UK.

I do hope others with experience and knowledge
will be replying to you later.

Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum

Blessings
Old 10-30-2006, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My support worker (not directly related to alcoholism) was just here and she thought that because it has been a complex series of events and I didn't speak clearly enough at my appointment, that could be a contributing factor to it being recorded inaccurately. There are indications the person who wrote the record that is foremost in my mind doesn't have good written English skills. For all I know he doesn't have good relating skills so he works on a mental health team

I must be recovering because I see things less as black and white and more as a series of bungles, some of which I have contributed to in large degree, e.g there wouldn't be alcoholism records at all if ... "DING!!!"

I am also wondering what purpose this record may be put to. If more accurate, and perhaps contextualised, there's no reason why it shouldn't be a part of a general survey.