Notices

Still working on it...and freaking out a bit

Old 10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still working on it...and freaking out a bit

So i haven't posted in what seems like ages. Last time i posted my doctor said he wanted me to wean myself off of alcohol...well that didn't go too well. I kept up at eight to twelve beers a night, then i'd have four one night, then eight again, then none, then twelve, and so on. Well recently...these past few days...i had like twelve to fourteen on wednesday, not sure exactly, then eight thursday, five friday and four saturday. Statring Thursday I've been feeling really really odd...i feel like i can't focus on anything, i'm constantly restless and moving around and i just feel like my mind is somewhere else. Sometimes i feel like i'm feeling nothing..it's kind of like when I go through bouts of depression but a little different...i just have this funny feeling in my head and i'm sure now that i have a brain tumor or something like that. It was weird because on thursday I started trembling and shaking a lot, which i can't imagine was withdrawel because that was the day after i had like twelve beers, my usual amount. I don't know, i'm just confused and really scared that something terrible is going on in my head. It doesn't help that i'm a hypochondriac and am still terrified of DT and all that good stuff. I'm also worried about this thing i've been getting ever since i was younger, where i feel a funny sensation in my head, and i get one good shake all over...it happens at least once a day now, and i'm sure it's seizures, i read they can be really mild. So I dunno why i'm typing this, i just wonder how much could be based on alcohol and how much is the brain tumor i'm sure i have...i know i should go to my doctor, but i'm kind of embrassed because i just don't know how to describe what i'm feeling and i also haven't done what i should have done about stopping drinking. Any toughts? Sorry for such a rambling message but i'm just upset and worried right now. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Gee, I would be worried too...

I suggest you print out the post above and
take it with you to the doctor...ASAP

Please stop messing around with this
you really have no idea what is going on.

And neither do we.
A medical professional will.

Blessings..
Old 10-30-2006, 02:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah I agree, go to a dr and try to explain it like you did in this thread. Best of luck with it all!

Marte
Old 10-30-2006, 05:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Peaceboy,

My daughter described similar sensations and symptoms to me for years, and her fears that she had a brain tumour etc. We finally got her to medical doctors and had all sorts of tests and she is receiving the proper treatment for her condition, and she knows peace of mind for the first time ever,

From this experience, I can only suggest to you that the only way to find peace and health through all of your struggles is to STOP guessing at it.Get medical tests. Rule OUT or Rule IN certain concrete conditions and then educate yourself with as much true factual information as possible about them.

As far as the taper method, of weaning from alcohol goes, your doctor will need to supervise your withdrawals so he or she can monitor vascular and neurological changes and help you feel safe.

Don't wait and worry about things that you can be addressing in a more productive way.

Worry is not good for anyone. Please do let us hear from you. We care about you Peaceboy!!