Notices

How Do You "Give It" to Your HP?

Old 10-22-2006, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

How Do You "Give It" to Your HP?

Hi -
My name is deb and I'm an alcoholic.

I've been trying to 'give' this, and 'give' that to my HP, and sometimes, it feels like it'd be easier to try and leave a handprint in a pool of water.

I'm wondering if someone out there has a visualization, or a process, that helps them 'give' whatever over to their Creator. And have it actually 'go'.

I can do it sometimes, and it goes, but other times, I 'give' it over, wrap it in a package, put it on a bus, hand it a plane ticket to heaven, or val halla, or the freakin holodeck for all I care - and it zaps right back like it's was sent with a bungee cord attached. smacko!

For example -
situations that I cannot change, have no control over, no power over, bla bla bla ....
picture the situation as an image complete with people, emotions -
freeze-frame it, eject the dvd, and mail it to HP ...
that kind of visualization.

Man, I hope this makes sense.
thanks!
Old 10-22-2006, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wow! That is something I never thought of trying..
visualization.
Thanks.I think this thread will be interesting Deb.
I hope to see other member share on visualization.

For me to "Let it go"...I use lots of prayer
and
I use a God Can..this is an empty coffee can with a plastic lid. I cut a x in the top.
I write out what is troubling me
pray for guidance
drop it in the can.

What I find to be amazing..when I sort thru the can
in a few months.. all the problems have been lessened..
some have vanished...

Then I burn the papers and start fresh.

I like the symbolism and the results!

Blessings..

A
Old 10-22-2006, 07:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

God box - write down you fear, trouble, prob, etc..on paper in a small note to god, asking him to fix it, care for it, do whatever he should do for it. Put it in the box.

Make alist of all the troubles, fears, probs etc...in letter form to God, then go to a park or pretty natural setting, and burn it and blow the ashes to God....

These are what works for me...
Old 10-22-2006, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Been in that struggle too.Id, let go,and take it back.For myself i needed to get to the root and causes of why i,keep doing this to myself.My answer was,that somewheres in me,i thought that i could change something./someone.That yes i had the power.Oh boy.My mind would say im powerless.It was only when i trully bleieved this in my heart,that i am powerless,and decided to let go,that i was able to let go,with alot of prayer,.If the thoughts came back,id pray and keep the focus on my recovery,and or helping others.Asking God, to help me to get my mind to work for me,not against me.That phyic change.That only He can give me.
Works for me,thanks for letting me share,God Bless
Old 10-22-2006, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How about Steps Four through Twelve?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

When my son was 3, his hands were small and he had fat fingers. With his small hands he couldn't do near as much as me. His is now 28 and his hands are bigger then mine. (still has fat fingers *LOL*) With his hands, he can hold more and do more then my hands can do.
God's hands are bigger then the both of us and he can do much more and hold so much more then the both of us ever could.

Just as the song says...

Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the waters. Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the seas.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dear Barb,

Wow, what great ideas you and the others here are sharing.
i am glad you started this thread.

For me, turning my life's challenges "over" is an action of faith, and, although I (usually) have lots of faith (at the intellectual level), it is sometimes hard to put into practice. It helps me to attach spirit to all things in my life and in my world, and one of the easiest images for me to connect with is that of a stream.

I have faith in the presence of a higher power in the same way that I can have faith in the fact that a stream travels a long way as an underground spring before it emerges into the light of day. The stream is always present, although it may not be visible.

Another reminder comes to me through the sky. I KNOW that there is a sun, even on cloudy days.

I need my spirituality tp be this basic and simple and natural because otherwise i would fail to work with it in daily life.

So, when I am faced with a trying situation, I tell myself that it is alraedy being worked on even though I cannot see the outcome immediately. Even the painful times have meaning in the bigger picture.

But, now i may try the God box or the burn + release practices you guys suggested above. I like those too.