Notices

The time has come...

Old 10-17-2006, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The time has come...

The time has come for me to come to the realization that I jsut cannot drink anymore. Last night did it for me. A friend came over, drank too much, blah blah blah.
I am sick and tired of losing all day Sat and Sunday lying in bed from the night before. I lie there and watch TV and I watch all these people going shopping, going for coffe, movies, normal things. Things I have lost to this wine crap. I WANT THAT LIFE. (even if I dont drink coffee).
I come home EVERY night open my bottle, cook, drink, clean a little, it gets me in the mood to do those things. Its a habit I have to get out of. I need lots of encouragement to do this. I know the time has come for me to get help. The last few weeks have been really bad. I wake up and wonder, "why is there mud in my bathroom sink?" "how did that movie end?". the list goes on and on... I am scared. I have never tried to quit before and i just am scared...
Thanks for listening!
WINO
Old 10-17-2006, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it's ok to be scared...but be brave....you can do this...you are in my prayers call AA and go to a meeting...just observe...and you'll see that anyone can quit if they want it badly enough...and they try...good luck...a new life is waiting for you to reach out and grab it...
Old 10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is a link full of info
near the end you will see facts on Blackouts

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

I suggest seeing your doctor for advice on quitting.
De Toxing is a serious medical procedure.

Take care...let us know how you are doing..
Old 10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with both of the above posts..good advice.

Also just wanted to let you know that you are not alone....It IS a scary feeling when you come to the realization that you have to stop....it's difficult to imagine a life without booze even though the other thing you want the most is exactly that....a life...without it! It is also such a wonderful thing in a way...to realize that you need change...that what you are doing is no longer working and that is the first step to doing something about it....congratulations to you on your awareness.

I wish you the best in sobriety...It is hard and it can be terribly daunting...but it is so worth it.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Getting to that decision to stop drinking takes a while - you maybe should think about what might be better in your life once you stop. It doesn't sound like you're drinking from the moment you wake in order to stop your hangovers, so you wouldn't need a detox.

Stopping is only the beginning of course, then the hard work starts!

Have a read of this PM me for the URL

Good Luck with it

Last edited by CarolD; 10-19-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

OH MY GOSH I can SO relate to your post!!!

Metoo!!! Also wine...also lying around saturday after saturday wondering WHERE all these people got the energy to DO all this stuff!!! I really was not living a l ife...mainly just mired in regret and self loathing - and also a lot of confusion!! WHY WHY WHY did i always end up drunk...why couldn't i drink normally what about moderation over and over and over again i tried to prove to myself i was capable of being a normal drinker!

what happened? well i looked up AA, found this website and after about 2 years of denial and resistance and trying my way, i now have about 7 months sober - WOW i never thought i could say that! or that i am really living a life that i NEVER thought i'd lead..still lots of work to do- but wow, to wake up peacefully (as opposed to wtih a STAR what the F*&k happened last night...what a miracle!

You can do it! pick a recovery program, live it...and you won't regret it!!!

glad you found this site!!

Cathy31
x
Old 10-19-2006, 05:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good evening wino~~~~~

How are you doing tonight? I am thinking of you as you get into the nighttime routine.

Have you got a plan of action to keep you busy during the hours you used to drink, cook, clean, etc?

I was JUST the same as you. I'd look forward to getting home each night so I could open the bottle of wine and cook and putter about. I woke up every morning feeling deadly. Then I did it again, night after night.

Now its been nearly 11 months without a drop of wine. I replaced the evening ritual with evening AA meetings and coming here to SR. My life has improved vastly. I wish the best for you too!