Notices

I guess I'm not alone after all.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ms. Heidi

I guess I'm not alone after all.

Hello I've tried to post on here before and I'm not sure that it worked. However, I'm new and just wanted to have a place to come to that might help my alcohol problem. It seems like a joke that I'm only 22 and an alcoholic. Where it gets serious is that I started when I was 12/13. I know that it sounds bad and it is. I just need someone to talk to.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

no your not alone. Someone who can help you or give you someone to talk to will be along soon. In the meantime you may want to read the sticky notes at the top of each fourm.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi Gwenlady -
Welcome!

Don't think twice about the age thing - my sponsor is 28, and has over 10 years sobriety!
(I'm 48)
Old 10-16-2006, 12:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi,
Gwenlady, i'm San Migel{the beer i used to get pissed on} that's why i remember the past.Don't get me wrong i just came out of my local hospital following detos as i fittef whlist drinking and i found people here who understand each other as we share the same problem.It's up to you to decide wether u r an alcoholic or not. I go to AA meetings and i have seen yound people as 18 and admitting that they r alkies. It's a disease that we inherit from our parents.Not everyone gets it in the family,i guess we r the unlucky ones, but there is a cure for it do not pick up that first drink whether u r happy, angry or sad!!!!! i know its very easy to say than to do as i have been there myself.
I am gald that people can recognise earlier than later to prevent damage like liver disease, hep c, etc.Just keep it within the day,when somebody told me this i said to myself i can't even keep it within the minute let alonethe day thing, but it gets better.

PM me if you want to hear some AA speakers tapes.
I have the URL

Last edited by CarolD; 10-16-2006 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

Hey Gwenlday, and welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your decision to get sober! Don't let the age thing embarrass you and think of it this way - you are SO young with so much life ahead of you. I'm only 25 years old, and so far I've found that age doesn't matter when trying to relate to others in this same situation. We all strive for a common purpose - and that transcends age, gender, race, social status, EVERYTHING.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Actually 12 /13 is not unusual at all. When I hear AA's tell thier stories at meetings, about 95% of them say they started drinking between the ages of 11-13. Seems quite common really.

You are not alone, will never be alone if you choose help from other alcoholics. Hang in there
Old 10-16-2006, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome,
if alcohol is a problem,then its a problem,no matter what age.
From the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous,if i may-
Regarding young people-
they found themselves as helpless as those who had been drinking 20 years.
To be gravely affected one does not necessarily have to drink a long time nor take the quantites some of us have.
Potential female alcoholics often turn into the real thing and are gone beyound recall in a few years....end of quotes from the BB.
So you see you are no longer alll alone.
There is help,and hope,for change.
Keep on keepin on
God Bless,and take care!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's great to see you are seeking answers
to your drinking!
We do understand and are here to help you.