Notices

san migel

Old 09-23-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

san migel

Dear guys,

have been drinking for the last two weeks non-stop.Having problem in my relationship.however i know i am the one to be blamed.Am very desperate to quit but the alcohol talks to me.i can't seem to stop or even reduce.

any help or advice will be appreciated.

thanks
Old 09-23-2006, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Is a detox center an option for you? I would advise seeking medical advice before you quit. How about an AA meeting? You've got to find the desire and motivation to quit. Then, you have to deal with going through detox. Get a plan and then stick to it. You do not have to go through this alone. We have been right where you are at today, and we got through it. There is a solution and you can get through this too. It all starts with putting the drink down.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I am so sorry you are still drinking.
What does your sponsor suggest?

I agree with Muse... seeing a doctor is wise.

Blessings...
Old 09-24-2006, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Many thanks for ur replies--will be sobber for 24hrs in few hrs, contacted AA and once the shakes goes i will attend regular meetings.I just do not want to have alcohol related fits.

Ibeleive in my opinion stress at work as am in managerial position and due to cut backs, i have had more and more on my shoulder to carry.

I do hope to stay sobber but it is bery difficult as you guys have been at my stage at some point in time.

Many thanks yet again.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We do understand and you are not alone
Old 09-24-2006, 09:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Stress from work is difficult for sure. I'm dreading Monday morning, just dreading it, but I know I don't have to drink over it. I can't, or I won't have a job for long. I'll muddle through it and get through the hard times.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

You are definately not alone!! Because I have stopped drinking, I am now able to handle (better) the stress of life. It is not easy, but there is HOPE!! We have been there and we will help you!!

Congrats on your 24 hours, everyday sober is a miracle!!
Old 09-24-2006, 09:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering perpetual kid...

Originally Posted by san migel
Dear guys,

have been drinking for the last two weeks non-stop.Having problem in my relationship.however i know i am the one to be blamed.Am very desperate to quit but the alcohol talks to me.i can't seem to stop or even reduce.

any help or advice will be appreciated.

thanks
San Migel, first off you aren't alone... But, you need to eliminate the word "can't" from your recovery vocabulary. Reduction never worked for me, I was a miserable failure at it. But you do have a choice, don't pick up that first drink, and you should do ok... Detoxing sucks, it's no fun but you will survive.

Work used to be a strong trigger, or should I say excuse for my to drink and use. But, I have chosen to challenge my irrational and dilusional beliefs head-on. So far, so good! Hang in there, you can make it if you really want it bad enough.

Hang loose, Doc.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks am now 24 hrs sobber.its tough but will have to be done. many thanks for all ur support
Old 09-25-2006, 02:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

feel much better already, what do people mean by pink clouds or honeymoon period! does that mean once u feel better ur mind says its ok to have a drink then u can't stop again.
Planning to go to AA meeting soon.

Thanks again
Old 09-25-2006, 03:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hi san migel. i have been clean for about 3-4months now and i am still trying to make it seriously through. do go to the AA meeting and join any group that you feel like, the more support you have the easier and better it will be. i feel weak at times, due to lack of alcohol in the body, but i take it as a test and hold on tight to my resolution... after some time, it gets easier for me.you can do it1
Old 09-25-2006, 03:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hmm...a pink cloud does mean you are feelig super
and has nothing to do with drinking again.

The honeymmon period is feeling good and it is before
you begin to do the work required by starting your
AA Steps.

Those are my ibterpetation of the terms.

Keep in focus...Way to go!
Old 09-26-2006, 02:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Am glad to say that in a few hrs i will be sobber for 72 hrs, but still having night sweats.Shaking is disappearing slowly now.

Thanks to this forum
Old 09-26-2006, 01:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Recovering perpetual kid...

SM, the night sweats, shakes and jitters etc. will subside soon... The first three days or so are the roughest physiologically, after that it's all in the brain. Hang in there, you can do it. 72 hours is awesome, congrats!!!

Hang loose, Doc.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

still having swollen face for an hour or so in the morning but i am determine to hang in there as suggested by many of the members.In a few hours i will be four days now. On the first day i could not even imagine one minute let alone an hour and today by the grace of god, i am nearly 4 days.

Many thanks again.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change and the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to know the difference.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Old 09-27-2006, 07:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Paused

Stay strong and don't give up!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

HI, everyone its my sixth day sobber today, but i still have slight tremors now and again, how long does it usually take to disappear, staying srtong evryday.Its nice to know that i am not alone! Still restless and miserable at times.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your six days San Migel! That really is a great achievement.

You probably are still feeling a few withdrawal symptoms, but as you noticed, each day gets a little better. For me, the anxiety lasted about a week, the tremors about a week or so. Not sure if you have insomnia, but that did go away too after a few weeks for me.

Here's a neat thread:http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-expect.html

Try eating a healthy diet, drink plenty of water, juice or sports drinks. Your body will need time and resources to normalize. Perhaps seeing your doctor at this time would help to relieve any anxiety you may be feeling. A few simple tests will reveal any issues.

Good luck and keep well

Ron
Old 09-30-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

hi,

i have picked up again due to argument with my partner! just drank in anger.nothing else, she is giving up on me now!may be i will loose her too!

Why do we pick up when in anger/happiness.this alcohol wants me burried by the looks of it.i am drinking whilst am typing.so pls forgive me if not spelt correctly.