Notices

low white blood cells what could it be????

Old 08-15-2006, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question low white blood cells what could it be????

hi everyone i am new to the forums here i recently discovered that i have low white blood cells everything else on my blood tests came back normal except my white blood cell count i dont have any type of hepotitis and the hiv was non reactive in my test my doctor wanted me to take another complete blood count test and a lymphotic panel test i think thats what it was well i got the results back today and again my white blood cells were lower than the norm but everything else came back normal my question is can heavy weekend drinking and habitual marijuana use cause these types of results i am 26 i am not overweight excercise regularly as far as my drinking habits i drink thursdays fridays saturdays i say atleast 7-10 drinks per night usually a vodka tonic and smoke marijuana 3-5 days a week usually at the end of the day any opinions will help thank you guys
Old 08-15-2006, 05:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

We are not DRs and it would be wrong of any one of us to try and give you answers.
You should talk this over with your Dr and gather info from him.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Have you been exposed to radiation or toxic chemicals at work or in your home? Low white cell count could make you more likely to get an infection. I am sure drinking does not help your condition smokingf pot does not either.

I would like to suggest you stop doing these things(drinking and pot) and maybe start taking some OPC or at least some vitamin C to help strenghten your immune system and eat as healthy as you can elimating junk foods,sugar and/or artifical sweetners,sodas, candy, and fast food. Start eating as much fresh whole foods as you can and eat meat and dairy products that is organic. Also add plain yogurt to help your gut...which is where the heart of the immune system is..
Old 08-15-2006, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome to SR ..

The purpose of this forum is..as stated..

Do you want to quit drinking? The Alcoholism forum is for those who want to stop or who have stopped drinking.

Let yourr doctor guide you.
We are not qualified.

Take care..
Old 08-15-2006, 08:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
is grateful

Hey,

My doctor told me that marijuana reduces your white blood cell count. Thus, it reduces the efficacy of your immune system. This is why you can catch colds so much easier when you're getting stoned frequently.

Still, more tests should be done on you to rule out lupus and other diseases.

Definitely tell your doctor that you drink and smoke pot habitually.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Exclamation No Medical Advise Here

Originally Posted by CarolD
Hi and Welcome to SR ..
Originally Posted by CarolD
Let yourr doctor guide you.
We are not qualified.

Take care..

We are not DRs and it would be wrong of any one of us to try and give you answers.

You should talk this over with your Dr and gather info from him Medical advise can not be given here - You MUST see a Doctor for that.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome!!!!
I will ditto the above.We are not Doctors.We do not know.
Your health is important.Seek medical advise.
If your not satified,with what youre Doctor is telling you,then get another Doctors opinion.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All I know is that white blood cells are your bodies cells that deal with infection. Beyond that I have no information. Talk to your doctor.

Too much information, especially if it is misinformation is dangerous.

Peace, Levi
Old 08-17-2006, 07:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

What Splendra said definitely. Low immunity .... yogurt is the go! Daily and as much of it as you can eat.

Won't hurt at all to go and get a health check from another doctor, naturopath ... osteopath, anyone in the health profession. You can also google it and read around a bit.

But get into lots of good, healthy fresh food, green and fresh is all good, lots of yogurt, lots of fresh water, fresh air, sunshine, a good laugh, go for a walk (exercise) ... all these things help good health.

And yep, you may find that cutting out the drinking and pot will help, worth a shot hey ... really not a lot to loose by stopping and seeing what happens.

love and peace,
Brigid
Old 08-17-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i'm definitely not a doctor, but it could be something as simple as low iron. keep us posted after you speak with your doc.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hey guys thanks for all your input my doc wants me to take another blood test in 3 weeks and see what happens apparently he is not to concerned about it and that if i keep my drinking to a moderate level i should be okay so im not going to drink at all and hope that clears up the issue and i understand you folks here are not doctors just asking to see if anyone else has had this type of results thats all i excersise daily so keep your fingers crossed and i will post a respond once i get the results thanks for all your input guys and yeah maybe im just getting old and need to slow down on the drinking and smoking whats that going to hurt right?!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Ha Ha Ha =- don't you HATE turning 21...heheheh

Good luck with the Doctor -We are cheering you on !!!!