Notices

The Vital Sixth Sense

Old 04-21-2005, 12:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Vital Sixth Sense

I like how the 10th step describes the awakening of the spirit and God consciousness..

How now in this new Realm of The Spirit I get to do things like "watch"and "turn"

You can take a practice and work with a word like "watch" for a period of time..sit with it in meditation..

A word like "turn"..resolutely turning our thoughts to someone we can help

When it says love and tolerance of others is our code, it does not translate to Love and Apathy of others is our code..Sometimes we need to tell eachother the truth..

My experience with being told the truth is having some great people in my life who love me enough to tell me the truth and not worry if my sensitive alcoholic feelings are gonna get hurt..That's REAL LOVE

on pg 85 it says that we have been placed in a position of neutrality, safe and protected. It says we have not even sworn off, That instead the problem has been removed..Get this, the 10th step even promises that sanity will return..How do these promises occur? when I get done with all of my amends..

That is when I also begin to develop the God consciousness-The Vital Sixth Sense (Vital meaning important and necessary to my spirit) The importance of my spiritual maintenance is essential to my mind and body...This is how I begin to overcome the spiritual malady

At the end of the 9th step..I cease fighting anything and anyone-including alcohol..

powerful powerful stuff
Old 04-21-2005, 09:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not nearly as powerful as the fact that for $5.50 I bought my first big book. I did not know at the time that it would be the instrument that allowed me to touch the face of God!

That is powerful!

Wilky
Old 04-22-2005, 12:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wilky if I sponsored an alcoholic like you you'd be exteremly difficult to work with you know why?