Notices

daily readings 5-25-22

Old 05-25-2022, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

daily readings 5-25-22

A.A. Thoughts For The Day

Choices

"Our necessities are certainly immense and compelling. Each of us must conform reasonably well to A.A.'s Steps and Traditions, or else we shall go mad or die of alcoholism. Therefore the compulsion among most of us to survive and grow soon becomes far stronger than the temptation to drink or misbehave. Literally, we must 'do or die.' So we make the choice to live. This, in turn, means the choice of A.A. principles, practices, and attitudes. This is our first great and critical choice. Admittedly, this is made under the fearful and immediate lash of John Barleycorn, the killer. Plainly enough, this first choice is far more a necessity than it is an act of virtue."

Thought to Consider . . .

It was either A.A. or amen (so be it).

AACRONYMS

A A
Attitude Adjustment

Just For Today!
Healing
From "We Walk This Way":"Our A.A. friends also had this positive belief in the child's recovery. They did their best to revive my fast-dying energies, and these positive forces of loving faith caused me to reassess my progress in the A.A. program. I was sober, but had I turned my will over to the care of God as I understood Him? What was I doing about 'conscious contact' with my Higher Power? Was the Tenth Step part of my daily life or only a once-tried effort? Most of the answers were negative. This meant that, while my daughter might be in a hopeless situation physically, I was functioning in a way destined to ****** any progress she might make spiritually and mentally. There was no other solution than to get out of the child's way and work on myself."

Daily Reflections

PROGRESSIVE GRATITUDE

Gratitude should go forward, rather than backward.

I am very grateful that my Higher Power has given me a second chance to live a worthwhile life. Through Alcoholics Anonymous, I have been restored to sanity. The promises are being fulfilled in my life. I am grateful to be free from the slavery of alcohol. I am grateful for peace of mind and the opportunity to grow, but my gratitude should go forward rather than backward. I cannot stay sober on yesterday's meetings or past Twelfth-Step calls; I need to put my gratitude into action today. Our co-founder said our gratitude can best be shown by carrying the message to others. Without action, my gratitude is just a pleasant emotion. I need to put it into action by working Step Twelve, by carrying the message and practicing the principles in all my affairs. I am grateful for the chance to carry the message today!

As Bill Sees It

To Take Responsibility

"Learning how to live in the greatest peace, partnership, and brotherhood with all men and women, of whatever description, is a moving and fascinating adventure. But every A.A. has found that he can make little headway in this new adventure of living until he first backtracks and really makes an accurate and unsparing survey of the human wreckage he has left in his wake."
<<< >>>
"The readiness to take the full consequences of our past acts, and to take responsibility for the well-being of others at the same time, is the very spirit of Step nine.
"

Big Book Quote

"Some day we hope that Alcoholics Anonymous will help the public to a better realization of the gravity of the alcoholic problem, but we shall be of little use if our attitude is one of bitterness or hostility. Drinkers will not stand for it. After all, our problems were of our own making. Bottles were only a symbol. Besides, we have stopped fighting anybody or anything. We have to!"

Twenty Four Hours A Day

A.A. Thought for the Day

In twelfth-step work, the third thing is conviction. The prospect must be convinced that he honestly wants to stop drinking. He must see and admit that his life is unmanageable. He must face the fact that he must do something about his drinking. He must be absolutely honest with himself and face himself as he really is. He must be convinced that he must give up drinking and he must see that his whole life depends on this conviction. Do I care enough about another alcoholic to help him reach this conviction?

Meditation for the Day

There is no limit to what you can accomplish in helping others. Keep that thought always. Never relinquish any work or give up the thought of any accomplishment because it seems beyond your power. God will help you all in good work. Only give it up if you feel that it's not God's will for you. In helping others, think of the tiny seed under the dark, hard ground. There is no certainty that, when it has forced its way up to the surface, sunlight and warmth will greet it. Often a task seems beyond your power, but there is no limit to what you can accomplish with God's help.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may never become discouraged in helping others. I pray that I may always rely on the power of God to help me.