Notices

No AA Meetings..

Old 04-26-2020, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation No AA Meetings..

I Know it's been over a Solid Month since our club
was shutdown. I feel really bad for the struggling Newer folks.Things are really F-ing Crazy right now and Nobody seems to KNOW for certain just How Long it will be before anything will get back to what we thought of as "Normal"God Bless you ALL and I pray that the AA meetings will Return ASAP!
Old 04-26-2020, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: No AA Meetings..

I want the FTF meetings to return too. At the same time I think it would be beneficial if most local AA intergroups offered a few Zoom meetings after the COVID situation ends. There are a number of mostly older AAers who can't get out any more that can jump on a Zoom meeting.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
I want the FTF meetings to return too. At the same time I think it would be beneficial if most local AA intergroups offered a few Zoom meetings after the COVID situation ends. There are a number of mostly older AAers who can't get out any more that can jump on a Zoom meeting.

I know of one 7:30 am meeting in which the attendance was usually spotty. However, since it's gone online the numbers fluctuate between 12-20 daily.
Will be interesting when FTF meetings resume if this meeting decides to remain on-line.
Old 04-26-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I am looking forward to my regular meetings returning too, but it looks like being at least three weeks away. Very tough on the newcomer. But it's not just meetings that are blocked, it is also the (IMO) more important work one on one, 12 step and so forth.
Old 04-26-2020, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

You can get two or three people to show at a meeting place and meet outside for an hour in case a newcomer shows up. Use precautions, of course.
There are a zillion zoom meetings from around the globe online now.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I know several groups who will continue f2f meetings and offer another zoom meeting alsoI like that idea
Old 04-26-2020, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA member

If you are struggling,there are loads of meetings on Zoom.
There is a Facebook Group called AA ZOOM MEETINGS GLOBAL LIST.
Has over 11,000 members,meetings all over the World are listed,some are running 24/7.
What an amazing fellowship we belong to,truly blessed.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tommyh View Post
I know several groups who will continue f2f meetings and offer another zoom meeting alsoI like that idea

Yeah, many in AA are finding out just how easy it is to attend a Zoom meeting.

The newcomer? My guess is those curious about AA will be more apt to give it a go if they can do so online. It's quite common if someone says they are looking for a sponsor or have questions to see a number of messages appear offering assistance.
My guess is the biggest hurdle moving forward will be finding a simple and safe way to make donations. On the other hand a Zoom meeting is inexpensive and likely a lot less per month than paying rent for space in a church or building..
Old 07-30-2020, 11:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

how is everyone doing?
I am still making 3 or 4 zoom meetings a week,staying conncected in real life to other alcoholics in recovery,but I haven`t made any f2f meetings yet
there very few going on here.Still living in 10,11,and 12 daily

Old 07-30-2020, 02:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Tommy,
In the Washington DC + MD + VA area a number of outside FTF AA meetings are now happening every day of the week. I have attended two of them and they are great. OTOH I really appreciate the Zoom AA meetings too. No travel time and unlimited geography.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AA member

I am doing at least one Zoom meeting a day,some days I do three.

I have joined a Women’s International Group,and a Wellbriety Group.

Last night I was at one in North Carolina,I had to google where it was!

The 24hour ones are great.

This lockdown has really perked my recovery up.I have made so many new friends,from around the World.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I haven't attended an AA meeting in person for months now. I attend zoom meetings 5 or 6 times a week.

I'm sure many zoom meetings will continue once life gets back to normal. Too many people find them convenient including the newcomer.