AA Zoom meetings-Enjoying them?

Old 04-16-2020, 06:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

For the international in spirit:
https://aaventuracounty.org/internat...ngs-in-english
Old 04-17-2020, 09:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post
O.k. get up this morning and a couple of hours later it's 9 am west coast time in the States.

So, I look at the time zone and see it's 5 p.m in London.

Which means the evening meetings over there are just getting started.

A minute or two later I'm listening to the lads in Chelsea.
Ahahahahahaha! Brilliant!!
Old 04-17-2020, 09:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am loving zoom! I am doing more meetings now than before. I am a single mum and so its rare for me to be able to attend evening meetings so I am loving that I am able to do so. My home group face to face is on monday through to Friday but we have them 7 days a week on zoom and it's already been decided that when we go back to f2f we will be keeping the weekend as zoom meetings as our venue is shut at weekends and we are a child friendly group so it is hard for mums to get to meetings at weekends. I've also done a couple of stateside meetings which I love. I am lucky to travel to the USA often with work so I have been privileged to be able to attend f2f wherever I go but I do love that I can make a nice cuppa and settle down on my own comfy bed and just tine in for my daily medicine. Very grateful member here!!
Old 04-18-2020, 04:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I started my day off with a 8 am zoom meeting from New Hampshire,USA
good meeting
Old 04-19-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Initially I had some concerns about Zoom and the newcomer getting the help they need.

However, no sooner does someone mention they are new and without a sponsor than information and those willing to sponsor start popping up the chat screen.

About f to f meetings slowing down as Zoom meetings cut into the action: A fellow brought this up yesterday but others on line seemed to feel Zoom meetings won't be disappearing any time soon.

Will be interesting to watch what happens as more AA members try Zoom and found out how easy it is to use.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

from the NY Intergroup

"Last month, as AA venues were forced to close, AA members everywhere immediately responded by creating online meeting places for fellow AA’s to find and share love, support, and sobriety.New York Inter-group is a big part of this effort—setting up a Zoom account which any AA group may use without charge. Currently we are facilitating more than 2,500 meetings a week, a figure that grows each day. In the last six weeks, meetings set up and paid for by New York Inter-group have had a collective total of more than 8 million participants. "
Old 04-19-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tommyh View Post
from the NY Intergroup

"Last month, as AA venues were forced to close, AA members everywhere immediately responded by creating online meeting places for fellow AA’s to find and share love, support, and sobriety.New York Inter-group is a big part of this effort—setting up a Zoom account which any AA group may use without charge. Currently we are facilitating more than 2,500 meetings a week, a figure that grows each day. In the last six weeks, meetings set up and paid for by New York Inter-group have had a collective total of more than 8 million participants. "

That really is amazing!
Old 04-20-2020, 12:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

ny intergroup is footing the bill for anyone to have zoom,regardless of where you are
thats cool
Old 04-24-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Friend of Jimmy B

Re: AA Zoom meetings-Enjoying them?

Originally Posted by Tommyh View Post
ny intergroup is footing the bill for anyone to have zoom,regardless of where you are
thats cool

NY Intergroup has taken a huge financial hit (as have all Intergroups) and their hosting account is tremendously expensive. Any contributions would be greatly appreciated and help the keep the service online during this crisis.

I'm self employed and currently out of business. I'm living off help from family and friends while I'm waiting for my unemployment to kick in - I'm waiting since March 28. I'm sending intergroup the money I would otherwise been putting in the basket.

Be well.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

good idea CousinAI been thinking of that....they said in email 2500 groups with over a est 8,000,000 people in attendance are using their zoom
Old 04-25-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
~sb

Zoom has been free and they have allowed more than 40 minutes at a blocked time. Video meetings have been around for 20+ years and telephone conference calls (meetings on the phone) are much older than 25 years......Glad you found AA online!
Old 05-03-2020, 04:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

For me I have noticed that I spend more time on AA Zoom meetings and less time on the SR forums.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
For me I have noticed that I spend more time on AA Zoom meetings and less time on the SR forums.

Humm... me too but not by that much. However, I do find myself going to more AA meetings. Usually one Zoom meeting a day during the week and maybe one on Saturday.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:39 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'll start going to FTF meetings in a few weeks but maybe just once a week for the fellowship.
I like Zoom meetings and find them very convenient.
Hope they continue as a regular part of AA.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I attended my first zoom meeting last night at one of the local groups where I live! A total of 4 people attended including me and the three others were doing zoom for the first time also! I liked it as it was nice seeing recovering people face to face again!

It was kind of awkward being that it was the first time for all of us! There was no format as far as opening up the meeting, pre-meeting readings of How it Works in chapter 5 and the Promises, and choosing a step to talk about it!

It was more about how we've all been and how we're coping and staying sober during covid! But at least it was a start and we talked about a plan on how we're going to do this in the future and trying to get back to the regular format of how we did it at the regular in person meeting!
Old 05-04-2020, 07:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Zoom’s wonderful and it’s a great tool in times like this but I really miss my old chair, the bad coffee and seeing all my close buds!! I believe my clubs been closed 9 weeks now. ?
Have a great week, Friends!!
Old 05-05-2020, 03:32 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I am on a aol men's aa email list..I been on it 20 years probably..On Friday night's at 9 pm about 6 of us guys get together and have a informal meeting and chat..I like seeing faces to those names..We usually close with the Serenity Prayer

Originally Posted by uncle holmes View Post
I attended my first zoom meeting last night at one of the local groups where I live! A total of 4 people attended including me and the three others were doing zoom for the first time also! I liked it as it was nice seeing recovering people face to face again!

It was kind of awkward being that it was the first time for all of us! There was no format as far as opening up the meeting, pre-meeting readings of How it Works in chapter 5 and the Promises, and choosing a step to talk about it!

It was more about how we've all been and how we're coping and staying sober during covid! But at least it was a start and we talked about a plan on how we're going to do this in the future and trying to get back to the regular format of how we did it at the regular in person meeting!
Old 05-05-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

All of the Los Angeles meetings are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WaI/view#gid=0
Old 05-05-2020, 08:25 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
~sb

What about a Sober Recovery Zoom Meeting?
Old 05-05-2020, 11:39 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

Yes,I would give it a try