Notices

Step repeat

Old 01-31-2020, 07:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So, for me, my sponsor and I had a lot of intuitive similarities and emotional processing styles. Her experiences shared were very useful as far as helping expectations of what could or might follow a step. So I vividly recall bursting into tears and calling her a week or so after we did 5, and truly getting it all out so to speak. We had a conversation that has stuck w me - she described thinking of the wreckage as now put into a gold box. The door might open or just come ajar sometimes. That's ok and we now know to put the thought or regret or shameful something back in it; this made sense to me as far as "not forgetting the past" but not living there either.

I've found that tho less often and less intensely, in times of stress or just change (so, good stress in some situations), stuff does pop out for a little fly around. But living in the promises, reflexive muscles on putting stuff back where it goes, that is where I live now.

And I combine 10/11. A quick run down of the inventory questions in the morning, for the day prior, helps me be honest about how that day went. I don't do it every.single.day like this overthinking alcoholic did for so long. But it's still cool when I do - and when I have a perfect day like Wed that Thu morning reflection makes me want to dance.