Notices

The Daily Readings

Old 10-10-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Daily Readings

Lately I'm finding that when I have a vexing issue, I'm uncertain about something or feel myself sliding in to negative trains of thought I unexpectedly find the answer in my daily reading.

For example, this morning I woke up and got ready for work. My mind drifted to an individual at work who can only be described as a narcissist with a high potential for borderline psychopathic disorder. I felt a twinge of resentment as this person plays the system very well.
Not a great way to start the day, with resentment in your heart. Anyway I went to work, grabbed a coffee and opened my kindle and looked up today's message in the Daily Stoic and Hazelden's Twenty Four Hours a Day as I do every day.

The Daily Stoic told me I should practice rigorous honesty. If I have an issue with someone, it is better to be open and honest about it than carry resentment in my heart. I should also consider what part I play and recognize my own fault where it lies.

24 Four Hours a Day told me I should put something constructive in my mind and turn the person over to my HP.

Coincidence that first two readings I open allude to exactly the issue I'm dealing with and provide answers. This seems to happen a lot. I also find that by blogging I'm led to resolve an issue or answer a question by writing about it.

I wonder if it happens to other people here.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love the Daily Readings for pretty much the same reason.

They contain a lot of wisdom.

I also like the 24 Hours a Day meditation.

I haven't had a drink since I started reading it.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I find that by praying and pickin up my pen and writing stuff out , I can see more clearly,and see a better ideal than what I usually would.I shows me the truth
Old 10-11-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

We have a saying around here

If you spot it you got it.

What I find annoying about someone I do an inventory of myself to make sure I’m not guilty of the same thing
Old 10-11-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
We have a saying around here

If you spot it you got it.

What I find annoying about someone I do an inventory of myself to make sure I’m not guilty of the same thing
Very good point. I might try that!