SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/)
-   -   Send sobriety vibes my way... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/36886-send-sobriety-vibes-my-way.html)

NoMoBeer 08-26-2004 11:07 AM

Send sobriety vibes my way...

...I am a National Account Manager for a company, and have to entertain my client once in a while. Today is one of those whiles.

The guys like to go to a local brewpub, and we will be going there later today. I feel strong, but apprehensive. Spoke to my sponsor and agreed that if I'm uncomfortable I'll bail and somehow make an excuse to leave.

The great part is, since the company's paying, I will be ordering a TON of food, they have great nachos, wings, etc. Those can't get me drunk. Planning on drinking iced tea and lemonade or just plain water...

I hate that I have to do this, but it's kind of expected in this position.

Oh yeah, I've reserved the seat next to me for my HP.... :wink:

Ken

3legacy 08-26-2004 11:16 AM

((((((((No Mo Beer)))))))))
Will keep you in prayers today my friend. Found calling friends in Program halfway through from the facilities in such cases really helped me stay sober and still attend to business.
Three Legs

Brookie 08-26-2004 11:37 AM

Your in my prayers, amigo. Kind of needed to hear the same thing today, as I've been dreading going on vacation next week. (If ever I needed a sign I'm sick - there it is.) Not quite sure how I'm going to make it, but I'm damned sure going to put up a fight. Sobriety vibes headed your way. Please return the favor next week.

Joe

Brookie 08-26-2004 11:40 AM

Oh - and just a suggestion. I've found that club soda with a slice of lime can pass nicely for a drink in those situations. I rarely get any uncomfortable questions when I'm drinking that. It's become my drink of choice when I'm at an alcoholic event.

Paulie 08-26-2004 11:43 AM

Sending prayers with you. but...as long as HP is next to you, you will be fine.

Great suggestions too.

2dayzmuse 08-26-2004 11:49 AM

:hypnotize Sobriety vibes heading your way. Good luck fellas. Your half way there by having a game plan before the event. :35: Eat hardy and have a fabulous sober party. I'ts kinda fun to watch others get sloshed and know your head won't be the one pounding the next morning. :dance:

Dan 08-26-2004 11:59 AM

Nachos and soda with a twist.
I'm in.
Vibes on the way Ken.

KelKel 08-26-2004 12:21 PM

Ken
I admire your attitude and it is smart to concentrate on the food.
I have a sparkiling mineral water in a nice glass w/a twist in those situations and feel good about putting something healthy into my body.
And people assume you are having a drink and don't make any issues about it.

MootPoint 08-26-2004 12:27 PM

Sending sobriety vibes your way Ken!! Keep us posted.

In memory of miracle 08-26-2004 12:33 PM

:angel2: :hug: :wave:

NoMoBeer 08-26-2004 08:52 PM

God, those guys can drink...

...hope no one got a DUI on the way home. I knew I couldn't after 6 club sodas with lime!

Didn't eat so much, was able to focus on the conversations, as animated as buzzed folks get :yup: ,

also had decided to hit a 12:15 meeting just to get some AA under my belt.

Life is good tonight, thanks for the prayers and thoughts as I finish my 7th day sober!

Ken

2dayzmuse 08-26-2004 09:09 PM

Bravo Ken, terrific job. Do you ever look at drunk people and are convinced you never acted like that when you were drunk? I do and I believe I am sadly mistaken. I was just as annoying. Hey, you think you could send some sober vibes my way. I'm leaving for the weekend to spend time with my sister and her husband. My mother, other sister and my daughter are all leaving tomorrow and I know the booze will be flowing around me. I would never hear the end of it if I picked up in front of them, I would be afraid to, but it certaintly wouldn't hurt to have the extra added vibes sent my way. A back up plan. Doesn't it feel good to walk away from a drinking scenario sober? It really does.

3legacy 08-26-2004 09:09 PM

((((((Ken)))))))
Thanks for the update, it is an uplift!

Three Legs

KelKel 08-26-2004 09:29 PM

((Ken))
Thanks for checking in....all that club soda was good for flushing out your system... :nana:

Talia...take this with you this weekend :angel2:

MootPoint 08-26-2004 09:35 PM

Right on Ken!

Rooting you on!

NoMoBeer 08-26-2004 09:44 PM

((((2Dayz))))))

You'll do great. Find a meeting in the area where you'll be, have numbers handy and have an out. I knew if things got too crazy I could always jump in my car and leave my engineer with the bill...

Feel free to take my HP with you! He did right by me!

ken

Brookie 08-27-2004 07:15 AM

Right on Ken! Now that makes me feel good.

Sober vibes out to you too, Talia.

3legacy 08-28-2004 07:38 AM

I've turned on the Vibe-A-Tron Machine this morning for
Talia :rose , Ken :fest06: and the Whole of SR.

:boogy

My morning Prayer and Meditation is complete! Positions of Amplification and fine tuning await patiently our other members to join in the Spiritual Rotation of spinning the discs of the Vibe-A-Tron Machine.

(((((((((SR A-Z)))))))))) Trudge forward and Groove On!

Three Legs

Chy 08-28-2004 08:06 AM

Awesome Ken! I think your on your way!