AA Big Book Quote for June 28.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dan

AA Big Book Quote for June 28.

"As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or doubtful, and
ask for the right thought or action."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 87~

Borrowed from an earlier posting by Jon. Too tired to type anything out tonight and the BB search engine is down.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Here is a prayer based on portions of pages 86-88 (I think). I adapted it from a Hazelden prayer book:

Higher Power, please direct my thinking, especially move it from self-pity, and dishonest or self-seeking motives. As I go through the day and face indecision, please give me an intuitive thought, or a decision. Make me relax and take it easy; don't let me struggle. Show me all through the day what my next step is to be and give me whatever I need to take care of each problem. Higher Power, I ask you especially for freedom from self-will, but give me the knowledge of your will for me and the power to carry it out in every contact during the day. As I go through this day, let me pause when agitated or doubtful and ask you for the right thought or action. Let me constantly be reminded that I am no longer running the show, humbly saying many times each day, "Thy will be done" and agreeing that it is.
AMEN!

Hope you all like it!
Love, Eddie
Old 07-02-2004, 08:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No expectations!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33062AM prayer for sobriety
Here's what I'm supposed to pray each morning to keep me clean!
Old 07-10-2004, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No expectations!

And every night I'm supposed to thank God for keeping me sober that day!
PM Gratitude Prayer
Old 07-15-2004, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No expectations!

And here's a more contemporary version of the 3rd Step Prayer from page 63, I think:
Higher Power, I offer myself to you, to build with me and do with me as you will. Relieve me of the bondage of self that I may better do your will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of your power, your love, and your way of life. May I do your will always! Amen.
Every morning! Please help me remember.
Love, Eddie
Old 07-19-2004, 06:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Smile

Thanks for that post. Love the way it has been put into a prayer. Very cool. :35: I love those pages and read them regularly but this shortens it and simplifies it.

Love

Karen
Old 07-20-2004, 03:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Karen,
You're welcome!! It's from The Twelve Step Prayer Book from Hazelden Meditations. I love this little book and highly recommend it.

Also, I see you're in Duluth. There's a fellow here, woodtick aka Brent, who lives in that area also. You oughta drop him a PM or something.

Love, Eddie