Notices

looking for a sponsor

Old 10-18-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

looking for a sponsor

hello there everyone, after being sober for 5 yrs and 11 months, I relapsed on alcohol then herione, my relapse did not stay long, 3/4 months, i did not enjoy it at all.... now i am 7 months and 10 days, clean, it has been really hard trying to stand on my feet again. this disease is much more stronger than i thought, I ma now looking for a sponsor, even though i live in egypt, but i am looking for a sponsor who lives in the u.s.a, we cna work stpes thur skype.... or i can call international or through viber..... i am now in step six

really need help.......

bobmatic,

Old 10-18-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Bob,
Did you relapse in Egypt or get clean in Egypt?
Just wondering if your recovery is assisted by geographic location (aware that it's just as easy to get loaded in the Middle East, albeit more risky).
Thanks
John
Ps. Good luck with finding a sponsor. With 5 years sobriety you obviously did something right. I'd be interested to know what the circumstances were that triggered a relapse, warning signs to watch out for.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi john,
thanks for yr message, i sobered up in egypt. then relapsed here.my relapse was due to the following,
i started to judge the shares in AA/NA rooms, stopped attending meetings, was carrying a lot of anger, resentments, not working steps 6/7, stopped callling my sponsor.basically i stopped working the steps, and also not answering my sponsees, i guess back to the old attitude, i picked up on alcohol, then went to herione.
god I am alive,....
but thanks
Old 10-20-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for bring open. I find every time I try it run the show and let self get in the way I stuff it up in the end.
Great start. You see exactly where you went wrong and how to get back on the beam.
Egypt would be an interesting place to attend AA. I first started serious binge drinking in Israel during the early 90s on a Kibbutz and used to go to Sinai to sober up except everyone would be getting high on weed or pissed on Raki. No escaping.