Notices

Big Book Quote 9/3/13

Old 09-02-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Big Book Quote 9/3/13

"The alcoholic is like a tornado roaring his way through the lives of others. Hearts are broken. Sweet relationships are dead. Affections have been uprooted. Selfish and inconsiderate habits have kept the home in turmoil. We feel a man is unthinking when he says that sobriety is enough. He is like the farmer who came up out of his cyclone cellar to find his home ruined. To his wife, he remarked, “Don’t see anything the matter here, Ma. Ain’t it grand the wind stopped blowin’?’’"

Alcoholics Anonymous, 1st Edition. Into Action, pg. 82.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

one thing I learned is I don't need alcohol to be a tornado. a huge ego and trying to run the show and tryin to get people to conform to my way is all it took/takes for that tornado to form again.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I drank alcoholically for 42 years then 27 years in recovery without a slip. I destroyed 2 marriages while drinking. My third marriage is approaching 35 years with my wife in Alinon and I in AA. I have read all of the literature, work the steps, have a home group, do service work, and sponsor other alcoholics. We have lost two children to this disease. Tornado is putting it mildly. This is my first post on this forum.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MTD

Yes a tornado of self destruction and everyone in its path. One month sober and love the way I can interact with people without worrying what they think about me.