Notices

Twenty-Four Hours a Day 9/1/13

Old 08-31-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours a Day 9/1/13

Thought for the Day

"Be careful not to brand new prospects as alcoholics. Let them draw their own conclusion. But talk to them about the hopelessness of alcoholism. Tell them exactly what happened to you and how you recovered. Stress the spiritual feature freely. If they are agnostics or atheists, make it emphatic that they do not have to agree with your conception of God. They can choose any conception they like, provided it makes sense to them. The main thing is that they be willing to believe in a Power greater than themselves and that they live by spiritual principles." Do I hold back too much in speaking of the spiritual principles of the program?

Meditation for the Day

"I will never leave nor forsake thee." Down through the centuries, thousands have believed in God's constancy, untiringness, and unfailing love. God has love. Then forever you are sure of His love. God has power. Then forever you are sure, in every difficulty and temptation, of His strength. God has patience. Then always there is One who can never tire. God has understanding. Then always you will understand and be understood. Unless you want Him to go, God will never leave you. He is always ready with power.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may feel that God's love will never fail. I pray that I may have confidence in His unfailing power.

From Twenty-Four Hours a Day © 1975 by Hazelden Foundation.