Notices

Daily Reflections for 7/6/13

Old 07-05-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Daily Reflections for 7/6/13

The chief activator of our defects has been self-centered fear.

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 76

When I feel uncomfortable, irritated, or depressed, I look for fear. This "evil and corroding thread" is the root of my distress: Fear of failure; fear of others' opinions; fear of harm, and many other fears. I have found a Higher Power, who does not want me to live in fear and, as a result, the experience of A.A. in my life is freedom and joy. I am no longer willing to live with the multitude of character defects that characterized my life while I was drinking. Step Seven is my vehicle to freedom from these defects. I pray for help in identifying the fear underneath the defect, and then I ask God to relieve me of that fear. This method works for me without fail and is one of the great miracles of my life in Alcoholics Anonymous.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.

... for Carol +
Old 07-06-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can so relate to this as I'm sure so can countless others. Twice in my life I've felt all fear leave me. The first time was after surviving surgery to remove a tumour that was life threatening. The second and most profound occasion was after I turned over my life and will to the care of my HP and let go of my anger, resentments and fears. I still can't explain to this day the feeling of relief, peace and serenity that I felt afterwards knowing that everything would be alright.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"Pure and simple: Fear is the absence of faith. Whether your fears are the Frantic Efforts to Appear Recovered or the F&ck Everything And Run type, one thing is guaranteed to alleviate them, the Fear Ain't In This House type of Faith."
My fear no longer owns me

Day 24: 11AM Pocket Sponsor.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Originally Posted by Veritas1 View Post
[COLOR=black]...Fear of failure; fear of others' opinions...
Fear of success; fear of my own opinions - Alcoholism is a paralyzing condition.