Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 4/20/13

Old 04-20-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 4/20/13

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

The satisfaction you get out of living a sober life is, made up of a lot of little things, but they add up to a satisfactory and happy life. You take out of life what you put into it. So I'd say to people coming into A.A.: "Don't worry about what life will be like without liquor. just hang in there and a lot of good things will happen to you. And you'll have that feeling of quiet satisfaction and peace and serenity and gratitude for the grace of God." Is my life becoming really worth living?

Meditation for the Day

There are two paths, one up and one down. We have been given free will to choose either path. We are captains of our souls to this extent only. We can choose the good or the bad. Once we have chosen the wrong path, we go down and down, eventually to death. But if we choose the right path, we go up and UP, until we come to the resurrection day. On the wrong path, we have no power for good because we do not choose to ask for it. But on the right path, we are on the side of good and we have all the power of God's spirit behind us.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may be in the stream of goodness. I pray that I may be on the right side, on the side of all good in the universe.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 04-20-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I think the idea of a "good" path and a "bad" path might be simplifying it a bit much, in my experience. Looking back, obviously I was not on the "good" path (I prefer the term "healthy") but when I was on that path, that was the only path I saw. It was the only one I was aware of. It started out good, then was ok, then got thorny, then was hellish. I didn't know how to jump ship. I didn't even know that I could get healthy - alcoholism had me right where it wanted me. It wasn't until I was beat down enough that I could see that other "healthy" path. And I am glad I embarked on that.

What a journey.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think the good path is God's will, and the bad path is self will.

I think this path idea stems from the bible and words of the narrow path versus the wide path.

In church this past Sunday, our priest talked of staying in the middle of the road, not falling to the wayside.

I think it means that we keep aiming for good and be among the good and we will be protected, and achieve victory.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Thank you newby for doing the writings ..

It is all about those little things that create such a great big picture.. And at the beginnings its just so hard to see that. Being that alcoholic and always used to instant gratification. I wanted 1 year of sobriety in a week..

Thank God for the people in the rooms to keep telling, One Day at a Time..

And my sponsor for just saying , I don't know what I am doing sometimes.. But I know one thing.. I am not picking up that drink today..
Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beautiful. Thank you.