Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 3/21/13

Old 03-20-2013, 11:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 3/21/13

*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

In A.A. we forget about the future. We know from experience that as time goes on, the future takes care of itself. Everything works out well, as long as we stay sober. All we need to think about is today. When we get up in the morning and see the sun shining in the window, we thank God that He has given us another day to enjoy because we're sober, a day in which we may have a chance to help somebody. Do I know that this day is all I have and that with God's help I can stay sober today?

Meditation for the Day

All is fundamentally well. That does not mean that all is well on the surface of things. But it does mean that God's in His heaven and that He has a purpose for the World, which will eventually work out when enough human beings are willing to follow His way. "Wearing the world as a loose garment" means not being upset by the surface wrongness of things, but feeling deeply secure in the fundamental goodness and purpose in the universe.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that God may be with me in my journey through the world. I pray that I may know that God is planning that journey.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 03-21-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

"Wear the world as a loose garment" - this is on my 1 year medallion (I have a picture of it, but it's too large to post here). The rest of the line says "which touches us in a few places". It's attributed to St. Francis of Assisi. With that outlook and perspective, I can see that my attachment to things is not great or non-existent, that my fears don't weigh me down. I know that things will work out one way or another and need not live in the future.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I can really relate to all of this today. Hell, I can everyday, but that's besides the point.

The meditation really puts into words what I have been feeling lately regarding my "life circumstances." The fact is they really don't mean much in the grand scheme of God's eternal universe. Whatever "problems" or "fears" I am experiencing regarding my current situation are pretty miniscule and I am really comforted with knowing everything happens for a reason in my life, through God.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Although I know everything happens for a reason I get stuck in the why or what is the reason and that is when I feel at times like I could do a much better job than God. do I have a few issues or what? Okay now no comments please.:rotfxko
Old 03-21-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Everything works out well as long as we stay sober. That statement is key for me today as I'm not feeling super positive today. It is important for me to remember that life is a mess if I drink. I also need to remember that I did help someone today and that is one of the gifts of being sober.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know for me that worrying about the future leads me to procrastination and inaction.
These feelings don't sit well with me.

Today I will do what needs to be done.

CaiHong