Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 3/20/13

Old 03-20-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 3/20/13

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

When we were drinking, we used to worry about the future. Worry is terrible mental punishment. What's going to become of me? Where will I end up? In the gutter or the sanitarium? We can see ourselves slipping, getting worse and worse, and we wonder what the finish will be. Sometimes we get so discouraged in thinking about the future that we toy with the idea of suicide. In A.A., have I stopped worrying about the future?

Meditation for the Day

Functioning on a material plane alone takes me away from God. I must also try to function on a spiritual plane. Functioning on a spiritual plane as well as on a material plane will make life what it should be. All material activities are valueless in themselves alone. But all activities, seemingly trivial or of seemingly great moment, are all alike if directed by God's guidance. I must try to obey God as I would expect a faithful, willing servant to carry out directions.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that the flow of God's spirit may come to me through many channels. I pray that I may function on a spiritual plane as well as on a material plane.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 03-20-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I have seen in my short time in AA that the spiritual plane is much more fulfilling than any material goods I can have. I used to be envious of other people's stuff, and now I don't go there any more. I see that they buy more and more stuff and yet I know that it truly doesn't bring happiness or satisfaction. My spiritual journey is important to me...life saving...so I have to put that first. Obviously I have material goods that I need for me and my family to survive and to find enjoyment with, but it's all of no use unless it's in alignment with the spiritual plane.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

In my short time I have attended a couple funerals of people with some time, end up killing themselves..

I know it scared the bijezzus out of me at first.. But as I grow and learn, more of why gets revealed.