Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/30/2013

Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/30/2013

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

A drinking life isn't a happy life. Drinking cuts you off from other people and from God. One of the worst things about drinking is the loneliness. And one of the best things about A.A. is the fellowship. Drinking cuts you off from other people, at least from the people who really matter to you, your family, your coworkers, and your real friends. No matter how much you love them, you build up a wall between you and them by your drinking. You're cut off from any real companionship with them. As a result, you're terribly lonely. Have I gotten rid of my loneliness?

Meditation for the Day

I will sometimes go aside into a quiet place of retreat with God. In that place, I will find restoration and healing and power. I will plan quiet times now and then, times when I will commune with God and arise rested and refreshed to carry on the work that God has given me to do. I know that God will never give me a load greater than I can bear. It is in serenity and peace that all true success lies.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may strengthen my inner life, so that I may find serenity. I pray that my soul may be restored in quietness and peace.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

Old 01-30-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Ah the loneliness of the alcoholism. Isolation, hiding from life, keeping others at arms length...another day in the life of a drunk. "Oh why won't anyone talk to me??" Oh yeah, I'd cut them all off. Alcohol, who I thought was my only friend, betrayed me over and over. It's in AA and the fellowship that I learned to leave my isolation and hiding behaviors behind. Even as an introverted type, I find great companionship and love in the fellowship that I never had before. My relationships with my family and friends are repaired and I am more present than ever - I am able to give and receive in a healthy and positive way. Whenever I feel apart, I just need to pick up the phone and reach out. What a gift.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I have gotten rid of my loneliness. But I also feel that in a way I have been throw into the deep end. I cut myself off from the world for such a long time that it's difficult for me to communicate with people. I grew up on the internet. Playing games, instant messages, chat rooms, etc. A lot of relationships I had for quite a while were only based online. It really stunted my growth to communicate with people face to face. This is why I am able to so easily express myself online or with written words, but have difficulty forming my thoughts to speech in person. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do except practice this and start to work better. I get frustrated with it, but if I focus too much on it, I will become obsessed and start to withdraw more from the world.

Med - God will never give me more than I can bear. I truly want to believe this. But, as I mentioned in my previous post, am I intellectually believing this but not emotionally believing this? I don't know the answer to that. I want to say I believe it. I hope it comes with experience. Faith to me is a state of being, it's not an action.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ISM

I separate myself
Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

This alcoholic thought I was with people all the time. Being in the business and working behind bars. And going to them every nite after work...

But I was that guy that was surrounded by people but by myself in the group. For the party always ended at nite, or the next day. But it always ended.

Not today, I enjoy each 24 hrs and the people I surround myself with.