SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/)
-   -   Muslim in aa (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/282669-muslim-aa.html)

dsmaxis10 01-29-2013 04:17 PM

Muslim in aa

ISLAM IS LOVE PEACE BE WITH YOU:ring

DayTrader 01-29-2013 06:18 PM

Not sure where in Mich you are Dsmaxis.....but I'm in Oakland county and it's not uncommon to have some Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, and more at a meeting.

It's really cool.

paul99 01-30-2013 04:19 AM

Assalamu Alaikum and welcome!

dsmaxis10 01-30-2013 05:13 AM

Im so excited to be Muslim!!!

dsmaxis10 01-30-2013 05:15 AM

Daytrader Im Buddha Bobs friend I know you we went to a meeting together.

omegasupreme 01-30-2013 10:03 PM

Bless your little heart for having to sit in meetings with Daytrader. He can never keep his shares under 5 minutes. Don't worry little buddy, some friends of mine from the west coast with some REAL recovery will be up there soon. Help is on the way! ;) jk jk jk...

Back to the topic at hand...I sponsor a Muslim. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you if you're looking for like minded etc...Hit me up if you want his info.

That being said I'll leave you with something I stole from my sponsor whom stole it from Joe H. whom probably stole it from someone else: "AA is not for gays, AA is not for blacks, AA is not for Muslims, Jews, Christians, etc..., AA is for alcoholics" :)

Hassan 06-17-2014 03:20 PM

islam: muslim sponsor

Hi I am looking for a muslim sponsor, preferably in arizona where I live but if you are out of state I can have you call me at a certain time every day or I might be able to call you until I find a muslim sponsor in AZ. If anyone knows of a muslim sponsor or muslim in AA please let me know. I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to put this in so if it is not can you place it in the correct forum and let me know thank you -Hasson

FeenixxRising 06-17-2014 07:57 PM

It's not a problem posting here Hassan.

Is help with finding an AA sponsor something you could ask a local Muslim cleric to help you with? Perhaps they know a few AA members who could help you. Also, would you consider an NA sponsor if one were available? If so, that would broaden your pool for potential sponsors.

jaynie04 06-17-2014 08:20 PM

Hi Hassan. I found this link for Arizona Muslim Family Health & Social Services, they are located in Tempe. The Director addresses substance abuse in this article…perhaps a call to them could also help to find someone local.

Interview with a Muslim social worker: Aneesah Nadir

Carlotta 06-18-2014 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hassan (Post 4726185)
i didnt find a phone number

Arizona Muslim Family Health
500 W BROADWAY RD,
Tempe, AZ 85282, USA

480-894-2636