SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/)
-   -   Daily Reflections for 1/24/2013 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/282006-daily-reflections-1-24-2013-a.html)

newby1961 01-24-2013 12:10 AM

Daily Reflections for 1/24/2013

*~*~*~*~*^DailyReflections^*~*~*~*~*

GETTING INVOLVED
There is action and more action. "Faith without works is dead" . . . To be helpful is our only aim.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, pp. 88-89

I understand that service is a vital part of recovery but I often wonder, "What can I do?" Simply start with what I have today! I look around to see where there is a need. Are the ashtrays full? Do I have hands and feet to empty them? Suddenly I'm involved! The best speaker may make the worst coffee; the member who's best with newcomers may be unable to read; the one willing to clean up may make a mess of the bank account -- yet every one of these people and jobs is essential to an active group. The miracle of service is this: when I use what I have, I find there is more available to me than I realized before.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.

Fernaceman 01-24-2013 05:09 AM

I have to stop trying to be so damn perfect and accept the fact that I am not going to be perfect. It's impossible. I put such high expectations on myself that of course I'm destined to fail. High expectations. Well, I can't think my way out of them, so I guess I gotta give them to God, right? In (or in this case, out) they go!

stepping 01-24-2013 04:46 PM

When we open our eyes to help (unlike we could do when drinking) we see a whole new world in need. One that was there all along but we were to selfish to see it.

tomsteve 01-25-2013 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by stepping (Post 3788445)
When we open our eyes to help (unlike we could do when drinking) we see a whole new world in need. One that was there all along but we were to selfish to see it.

you got that right. i think that some parts of the program are missed. the BB says in a few places that service to others isnt just in AA, but to those outside of AA as well. we want the world to see what AA has done for us and be of service to poeple, so we hvave to step outside of AA and be of service everywhere.

HappyDestiny3 01-25-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepping

you got that right. i think that some parts of the program are missed. the BB says in a few places that service to others isnt just in AA, but to those outside of AA as well. we want the world to see what AA has done for us and be of service to poeple, so we hvave to step outside of AA and be of service everywhere.

Amen.. :)