Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/6/2013

Old 01-06-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/6/2013

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day
Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing. Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?

Meditation for the Day
I will discipline myself. I will do this disciplining now. I will turn out all useless thoughts. I know that the goodness of my life is a necessary foundation for its usefulness. I will welcome this training, for without it God cannot give me His power. I believe that this power is a mighty power when it is used in the right way.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may face and accept whatever discipline is necessary. I pray that I may be fit to receive God's power in my life.

(Twenty-Four Hours A Day) Hazelden Foundation 2013
Old 01-06-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Discipline is something I didn't have, except for the discipline in keeping drinking. Everything else fell to the wayside, subject to my moods, my circumstances, my emotions. Drinking killed all ambition, and hence I had no focus to be disciplined in any way. I wasn't interested nor was I in any mental or physical condition to adhere to anything of consequence that would give me structure and cohesion in my life. It is now in AA that I learn the discipline of prayer and meditation. The discipline of checking in with my sponsor. The discipline of steps 10 and 11. I meet with my sponsees every week. And this permeates to other parts of my life. I eat well, I exercise. I have the fortitude borne out of miraculous results and positive outcomes through the program of action. I have the discipline of seeking help when I need it, and to handle situations that don't turn out the way I was expecting.

I am grateful for AA and for God in giving me the guidance and structure of discipline that I always craved but never sought.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Janurary 6th

Here in the Cleveland area, this day is talked about and held in a great regard. I cant tell you how many people use it and pass it on.

It is the most important day for me to remember and read when I get stinkin thinkin.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

by the grace of God, the fellowship, and the program, i dont have a drinkin problem today, but i still have a thinkin problem and this reading helps me out when the thinkin problem comes up.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

This reading means a lot to my recovery. Not only is it extremely true, but I have a lot of history with it. Each morning at Hazelden, during morning meditation, as it was called, this specific reading was read. It's extremely important and true to me.