Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/4/2013

Old 01-04-2013, 12:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/4/2013

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

In Alcoholics Anonymous there is no thought of individual profit. No greed or gain. No membership fees, no dues. Only voluntary contributions of our money and ourselves. All that we hope for is sobriety and regeneration, so that we can live normal, respectable lives and can be recognized by others as men and women willing to do unto others as we would be done by. These things we accomplish by the help of each other, by following the Twelve Steps, and by the grace of God. Am I willing to work for A.A. without material gain to myself?

Meditation for the Day

What is sometimes called a conversion by religion is often only the discovery of God as a friend in need, What is sometimes called religion is often only the experiencing of the help and strength of God's power in our lives. What is sometimes called holiness is often only the invitation of God to be our Friend. As God becomes your friend, you become a friend to others. We experience true human friendship and from this experience we can imagine what kind of a Great Friend God can be. We believe Him to be a tireless, selfless, all conquering, miracle-working Friend. We can reach out to the Great Friend and figuratively take His hand in ours.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may think of God as a Great Friend in need. I pray that I may go along with Him.

(Twenty-Four Hours A Day) Hazelden Foundation 2013
Old 01-04-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Thought - Most of the time my focus on AA is not of material gain. It is thinking of others and how I can be useful in everyday life. I'd be lying though, if I didn't sometimes fantasize about "gifts" that can be received in sobriety through God. Better job, better life, etc. They are definitely not as prominent as they once were.

Med & Prayer - I never really thought of God as a Great Friend in need. I guess my relationship with Him has so far been kind of selfish. I have started praying for others instead of myself, but I really never had the perspective that God needs prayer for Himself, too. Hmm. That's got me pondering and thinking!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post, newby, but it doesn't match with my hardcover copy of the book. I probably needed to see your copy today along with my Jan 4 reading.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
Great post, newby, but it doesn't match with my hardcover copy of the book. I probably needed to see your copy today along with my Jan 4 reading.

All the best.

Bob R
i wouldnt have noticed that until i got to the nooner! LOL

i get a chuckle when i read the word "normal" pertaining to recovery.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

''''What is sometimes called a conversion by religion is often only the discovery of God as a friend in need, What is sometimes called religion is often only the experiencing of the help and strength of God's power in our lives. What is sometimes called holiness is often only the invitation of God to be our Friend. As God becomes your friend, you become a friend to others. We experience true human friendship and from this experience we can imagine what kind of a Great Friend God can be. We believe Him to be a tireless, selfless, all conquering, miracle-working Friend. We can reach out to the Great Friend and figuratively take His hand in ours."""

Gives me chilllllsssss to read!
I love this and the KISS mantality

Good sober day everyone!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Ha ha...this is July 4th's reading....good thing SR still has the fireworks display going on for your Independence Day celebrations!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

I knew "something" was going on Paul! I thought I was having a hit of the deja vus! I even posted that in another reading.

Hey, but God has a reason for this so take it in
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

God is the bridge for me for all the things in my new life. Being a friend to others, well, that's always been a difficult one for me, even in my sobriety. But being in the program has helped me to reach out and to be open and receptive to others, and has shown me through others how it is to be a true friend - the work, the effort...and the rewards of it. For someone like me who closed himself from everyone, learning to be a friend is new, and opens me up to so many things I never thought.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I had a material life before, and I still chose to sleep in the woods..

Today with my great friend (God) I just go with it. Whatever I need I shall receive. And what I want is consequesal..

I am grateful for my 2 best friends.. HP.. and "C"..
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Inda who or what is "C" ?
CaiHong