Notices

Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Old 12-12-2012, 12:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours a Day

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

AA Thought for the Day

The clergy speak of the spiritual fellowship of the church. This is much closer to the A.A. way than mere group therapy. Such a fellowship is based on a common belief in God and a common effort to live a spiritual life. We try to do this in A.A. We also try to get down to the real problems in each others lives. We try to open up to each other. We have a real desire to be of service to each other. We try to go deep down into the personal lives of our members. Do I appreciate the deep personal fellowship of A.A.?

Meditation for the Day

Love and fear cannot dwell together. By their very natures, they cannot exist side by side. Fear is a very strong force. And therefore a weak and vacillating love can soon be routed by fear. But a strong love, a love that trusts in God, is sure eventually to conquer fear. The only sure way to dispel fear is to have the love of God more and more in your heart and soul.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that love will drive out the fear in my life. I pray that my fear will flee before the power of the love of God.

(Twenty-Four Hours a Day) Hazelden Foundation 2012
Old 12-12-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I love the idea of fear and love not being able to occupy the same space. I probably wouldn't have understood this early on in my recovery, but I see it now - for me to be in fear puts me in a place where I am in self, where I am closed to my HP and closed to others. I am of no use in that place - the decisions based on fear lead to anger, resentment, jealousy, etc. and with those in my space, love has been edged out. I cannot feel love towards my fellow man when anger or jealousy has staked a claim. When I pray to God to remove my fear, and act on the courage it takes to overcome that fear, I am placing myself closer to God, and in the sunlight of His spirit. It is there that I am of more use to others.

I don't undervalue the power of prayer when it comes to fear. For fear ruled my entire life, and now I am learning to stop fearing fear...and knowing I don't do it alone.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Thought For The Day - Yes, I definitely appreciate the deep personal fellowship of AA. It can be comparable to the fellowship I once enjoyed with my church. People generally take a good interest in the well being of others in the group and will look out for each other.

Meditation - I can definitely see how love and fear are conflicting ideas. They certainly cannot exist together at the same time.

Fear is the absence of faith. I was realizing something last night about faith. I am maybe (don't really have a true explanation if so) beginning to trust God in my everyday life fully...I am very content with the things going on and am no longer fearful of the future. I am just "being" and living everyday life. Yes, I am planning for the future but definitely do not see it as large of a concern as I did a short time ago. But I just realized I have trust (in God) that everything will work out somehow. Everything will be OK!

I can't remember who said this, but whenever asked "How are you today?" their response is generally "I think I am going to make it." That's how I feel.

God Bless.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

See for me I am blessed and cursed with being optimisic. I almost never see the bad, if I do then my quick forgetter personality gets rid of it..

So I need just a little fear , I never had it when I was qualifiing I didnt fear anything. Even after 4 dui's , homeless, jail,pancreatitis, wet brain, lost great jobs, ect ect, I just continued to " have fun with drinking".

So I need that tiny bit of fear that if I dont maintain my spritual conditioning, meetings, and helping another alcoholic, that I easily pick up and my diease will win, I will die.

Not today..

Love you guys and gals.. Fellowship rocks..