Notices

Truly a humbling day..

Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Truly a humbling day..

Hi all.

I just thought I would share my day today. It was something today surreal. And just beautiful.

My sponsor asked me if I wanted to take a little trip to the country south of Akron for a meeting. I of course said yes because I love going to different meetings.. So he said cool, we will go down and met "Nic" at his house. Well Nic is my grandsponsor that I have not ever met.. So I was excited for this.

So my sponsor shows up with two other guys and a mini van. Alright cool I know one guy and the other is fairly new and his sponsee. Awesome right , 4 guys road trip AA meeting on the way and back..

Well the surprises keep coming we met Nic and his lovely wife and then went out to dinner before the meeting . Nics Home Group. Now I couldnt of thought that the day was going to have more cool suprises in store for me. Till the meeting and I introduced myself to everyone as they came in. Like always.. And a gentelman said " Ahh Dylan I know you, and its a pleasure to meet you". As my mind circled and thought the poor old guy missed placed me for someone else. I surely never made it out to the middle of nowhere for this meeting 1 1/2 from home.. LOL...

Well jokes on me , it was my great grandsponsor. Don. And we got to talk after the meeting about his beginnings . In 1947, with his sponsor Norman Young (I am aloud to use his name, since he is no longer with us. Nor Anoymous, for he was one of the first hundred.. ). Norman went to speak to him at St. Thomas Hospital..

So I sat next to my sponsor, next to his sponsor, and next to his sponsor. 4 generations of AA. Holy moly it truly gets better and better...

I never had it so good.

Keep living the dream and stay on the beam.. :ghug3

Good love, Inda
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Pretty awesome. Thank you for sharing.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

That must have been a fantastic experience Inda. Norman likely was one of the ones current historians missed when they tried to figure out who got sober before the BB was published. Likely there were over 100 sober for some period of time before BB publication. Doc Silkworth stated "this man (Bill) an over 100 others appear to have recovered". I'm going to send you a PM. There are some history folks who will likely be quite interested in this name. All the best.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great story, Inda. Thanks !!

All the best.

Bob R
Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Goosebumps.

Thanks for that - amazing!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How neat.....a picture postcard day for the archives.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'd call it a spiritual experience. Get's the old heart pumpin' don't it?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Pass the word back up the vine that we the newest generations pray that Norman will have someone write down his story or write it himself if he hasn't already.

He is an important part of history and I am sure he has pieces of the puzzle and tapestry of early AA that need to be recorded.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
That must have been a fantastic experience Inda. Norman likely was one of the ones current historians missed when they tried to figure out who got sober before the BB was published. Likely there were over 100 sober for some period of time before BB publication. Doc Silkworth stated "this man (Bill) an over 100 others appear to have recovered". I'm going to send you a PM. There are some history folks who will likely be quite interested in this name. All the best.
Thank you for the email. I will get some more info on him as I can and will be in touch with the person that you sent me..

Thanks again.

I would of loved a picture of us sitting together. I was in to much of a state of aww.. LOL...

I will get one this thursday for my Don's lead...

And Music yessssssss those spiritual expierances are better than all the highes I ever had with substances..

Have a wonderful day all.