Notices

Matt Talbot Retreats

Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Matt Talbot Retreats

This may have come up in past threads, if so if someone could kindly direct me to them.

I will be attending a Womens retreat early next month in Hong Kong. I am really looking forward to it but dont know much about how they operate. I have googled but got distracted by the wikipedia entry, he was a near saint that was into mortifying the flesh, a recluse.

I dont get to many meetings so want to make the best of this retreat, get steps happening, get a better insight into my resistance. I read step 11 as I walked around the public garden and reading the prayer, I think authored by St Francis, I felt that for me to pass these things on I have to be them first and I am more than willing but I knowthat there is a blockage of some kind.

My questions are who has been and what did you get out of it and any insights would be most appreciated.

CaiHong
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

The only thing I can say CH,

Is my mother in one of here rehabs went to Matt Talbot here in Cleveland Ohio. And I would be able to visit twice a week. And that was the best rehab I think she had, better then the expensive one. Matt Talbot would take without the ability to pay..

Sorry I cant help much, but go and have fun. I bet it will be awesome.

We have many retreats all year here in Cleveland and one called Cook's Forest is just unbelievable. Camping with a couple thousand sober drunks.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by CaiHong View Post

My questions are who has been and what did you get out of it and any insights would be most appreciated.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-retreat.html
Old 11-15-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Inda and

i read the posts on the link and they sound fantastic, I may stay on a couple of more days to get in extra meetings as well.
love
CaiHong