Notices

Something bothering me. What to do?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Again.
I fully agree with the importance of working the steps quickly. Loss of momentum seems to take more people out than anything else.

Just an update...
Its funny how things work. The sequence of events last night after having posted this yesterday is just pretty darn cool.

I got a text from the host of my usual book study that our mtg was cancelled because he had to leave town. So I invited one of the guys I sponsor to go to a different meeting. Before leaving I got a call from another guy I sponsor who I had spoke with on Tuesday about the 3rd step and sent him home to read 60-63 and call me when he was ready to make his decision. He tells me he is ready to start writing and wants to do his 3rd step prayer. Turns out he is going to the same meeting we were going to so we plan to do his 3rd step there after the meeting.

When I get to the meeting the 2 guys I sponsor are already there talking to the fellow I orignally posted about. So after the meeting we invite him to come with us and say the 3rd step prayer. Powerful stuff. Tears were shed and the Spirit was definitely present. After we prayed, the fellow about whom I was concerned came to me and asked me if I could show him how to do the work. Cool stuff.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

That's awesome...powerful stuff indeed.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

All things work the way there supposed to, as long as your doing the next right thing.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

To me, that's definately God at work. Only suggestion I have is I'd make sure the guy went to his sponsor and clued him in as to what's going on. Better that, than to learn from someone else. Everything is out and honest.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Music View Post
To me, that's definately God at work. Only suggestion I have is I'd make sure the guy went to his sponsor and clued him in as to what's going on. Better that, than to learn from someone else. Everything is out and honest.
Right. That occurred to me last night. Ill definitely talk to him about that.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bbthumper View Post
Thank you all. Again.
I fully agree with the importance of working the steps quickly. Loss of momentum seems to take more people out than anything else.

Just an update...
Its funny how things work. The sequence of events last night after having posted this yesterday is just pretty darn cool.

I got a text from the host of my usual book study that our mtg was cancelled because he had to leave town. So I invited one of the guys I sponsor to go to a different meeting. Before leaving I got a call from another guy I sponsor who I had spoke with on Tuesday about the 3rd step and sent him home to read 60-63 and call me when he was ready to make his decision. He tells me he is ready to start writing and wants to do his 3rd step prayer. Turns out he is going to the same meeting we were going to so we plan to do his 3rd step there after the meeting.

When I get to the meeting the 2 guys I sponsor are already there talking to the fellow I orignally posted about. So after the meeting we invite him to come with us and say the 3rd step prayer. Powerful stuff. Tears were shed and the Spirit was definitely present. After we prayed, the fellow about whom I was concerned came to me and asked me if I could show him how to do the work. Cool stuff.
Surprise surprise ...god had it in hand all along .
Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Not sure if it was God or not, but it seems to have His fingerprints all over it if you ask me.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

For what you wrote the guy really didn't ask the alleged sponsor to be his sponsor, he only assumed he was. That may be the problem. It is important to ask and confirm someone to sponsor you than to just assume.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I have had guys like that before also,and some of these guys who was complaining about their sponsor`s lack of action,wasn`t really wanting to go to any length to take the steps,they just wanted to fuss about their sponsor.
I learned there are 2 sides to every story,and every person tells one side.
Time will tell if this guy is blowing smoke or serious.His actions will say it all
Old 11-17-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

BBThumper, powerful experience! Just proves that if we trust in God, what is meant to be will happen. That said, I am grateful that, while my sponsor put the brakes on me (she helped me understand and embrace the 3rd step), she understood that I needed to do the steps and how I needed to do them - not in a year, not a month at a time. The 5-week workshop was perfect. I was able to do a very thorough (for now) inventory and gain better understanding of the BB and learn from her experience, strength, and hope.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I wouldn't interfere, but that's me. I would personally probably offer to help the guy work the steps if his sponsor continues to put it off.

Maybe I'm too direct. But his sponsor has been around awhile. He's not going to change.

The newcomer sounds ready.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Part of my sobriety was learning to speak when someone asks my opinion. Otherwise it's none of my business and I should keep the focus on my own recovery.